WHEELSET Campag Century 10 Speed Hubs / H+Son TB14 Grey Rims

Cheesedisease

Senior Retro Guru
9/10/11 SPEED WHEELSET
Campagnolo Centaur Century Grey OS Hubs / H Plus Son TB14 Hard Ano Grey Rims

Rebuilt last year by DCR wheels, and unused since.

Rims
  • Hplus Son TB14 Rims - Hard Anodised Grey
  • 36h / 36h

Rims are brand new, unused and perfect.

Hubs
  • Campagnolo Centaur Century Grey Hubs (Oversize Axles like Record)
  • 9/10/11 Speed
  • Current Record axle and Freehub (replaced around 200 miles ago)
  • Record Cones (replaced around 200 miles ago)

Used, but excellent.

Axle replaced in rear hub with current Record version and new Record freehub also installed. New axles have a part 'triangular' profile to lighten axle. More importantly, new profile axle allows compatibility with current Campag freehubs. It's tricky to find freehubs for old style axles. Problem solved!

Rear cones / bearings / seals also replaced with Record ones at same time. All nice and smooth.

Front cones etc... I may have replaced cones and bearings in front too. I honestly can't remember. But again, all nice and smooth.

Spokes etc.
  • Spokes - Sapim (Need to check build receipt for spoke model)
  • Brass nipples
  • Continental Easy tape

Lovely wheels, everything in great condition. Prefect on a more classic looking build, or great for touring. That was my original intention, very solid and provide a comfortable ride. Serviced regularly and adjusted perfectly these stay lovely and smooth.

PRICE SALE MOVED

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 837
Would love these for my spare century groupset but already have a pair of the hubs for the 'non-spare' groupset...

How many groupsets does a man need I wonder?

You have a spare Century groupset! Impressive stuff. You don't happen to have a spare 11 Speed Chorus groupset knocking around gathering dust do you?

These are my (only) spare wheels. Selling as hoping to get a steel frame made and considering going road disc. These seem a bit nice to then go on my current bike which would essentially be foul weather / winter bike.

Re:

Hi, are these still available and could you post to Ireland? I might be interested.

I expect these to be strong but comfortable, would I be right? Also, not heard of DCR wheel builders, do they have a good reputation?

thanks

Apologies, I thought I'd updated this. Sale is on hold for now as I think I'm deciding to stick to calipers rather than go disc brake on a new frame. If so these will be needed. I can let you know if I change mind, but won't be for a month or two.

In case still useful to still answer questions... Yes, I would say they are strong and comfy. The theory is the wide rim pairs better with a 25 or even 28 tyre making less of a bulbous tyre profile. Feels comfy to me. Low profile of rim I imagine is comfy in same way as traditional box section rims. Obviously not the stiffest of course, but then that also adds some comfort. They do use a strong aluminium choice for the rims I believe, and I guess 36 holes help strength. I'm pretty light so the spoke count is slightly overkill, but I liked the hubs! I can only say my experience of DCR was excellent. And the two wheelsets I have are well built. I needed wheels in a hurry after breaking a rim and my local builder was away. DCR were very helpful indeed, exceptionally knowledgeable and happy to offer advice and a fast turnaround.

No problem and thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. As whilst it was the answer I expected regarding them being strong and comfy it good to get the re-assurance.

Good luck with them, they look a nice wheel.

No problem regarding reply, happy to answer. Feel free to drop a pm if you've any more questions. Yes, will let you know first if I change mind.

Back