Looking for 126 rear wheel with 6 speed freewheel.

Wingreen

Retro Newbie
I'm new to cycling but trying to rescue a Dawes Civic which has a buckled back wheel. I'm trying to keep as many original parts on it as I can so want to stick with the 6 speed changer. I'm happy to change the rear wheel but I'm struggling to find one that will fit. Current (bent) rear wheel is marked "ETRTO 622x16 700c Made in Belgium Weinmann 116 Alloy". So, looking to buy a (cheap!) replacement. Thanks

Re:

Whereabouts are you based, since it would be a bit of a pain posting a wheel to you and youd possibly ne local to me for collection?

Re: Re:

walkmanman":3t6tvpkr said:
Whereabouts are you based, since it would be a bit of a pain posting a wheel to you and youd possibly ne local to me for collection?

Fair point - I live in North Wales - Anglesey

The above might be a good option for you- I'm based London way, so the wheel couldn't be collected.

walkmanman":3fqy9e4k said:
The above might be a good option for you- I'm based London way, so the wheel couldn't be collected.

Well, so far my quest is failing so, given I have a (distant) relation living in London, who knows, may be, if all else fails, I/we could sort something out.

Re:

I have one mailard hubs on some unknown rim with really old 25mm tyre that measure 19mm when inflated. the good old days.

Re: Re:

bm0p700f":3ij6ilkj said:
I have one mailard hubs on some unknown rim with really old 25mm tyre that measure 19mm when inflated. the good old days.

OK. Many thanks. I think I have now sourced a suitable wheel locally and have another option if that falls through. Good to know that these old (sorry - retro!) bikes are still being used.

Back