Pinarello Columbus GPX (SLX) steel frame 59cm

stuartAJ

Dirt Disciple
I am selling a Pinarello steel frame I bought new from Dauphin Cycles on Box hill in 1992.

It is in original paint / chrome (which is clearly now nearly 25 years old and showing wear)

The paint is ok... yes it has chips and scratches. The chrome on chainstay is poor. The chrome on inside of forks is poor but looks fine on outside of forks.

There is some fine rust appearing around lug joints and brake cable entry/exit points. The transfers have some scratches.

It does however have a beautiful patina and in some ways it would be a shame to restore it. It is fitted with Campagnolo Chorus headset and BB that Dauphin sport fitted for me when it was new. It has the original Pinarello seat binder bolt.

59.5 cm center of BB to center of top tube (up seat tube) and 58cm center to center top tube.

I have some detailed photos I can send if you PM me.

It can be viewed in Winchester.

Made of Columbus GPX tubing (Giovanni Pinarello is the GP ) ie Pinarello modified SLX.

Braze on front mech, 2 x bottle cages, brake cable through top tube etc.

Asking £250

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 1,427
Re:

Lovely looking frameset

Hope the new owner is loving it. Someone here?

Mike

Re:

Hi

Can you recall the seat tube diameter for Pinarello Treviso with Columbus GPX tubing?

27.0 or 27.2?

Thanks

Greg

Thank you - I recently acquired an identical frame which I am restoring. I have a 27.2 Campag seatpost and it is tight so I just wanted to check before persisting.

Back