Holdsworth/Reynolds 531 tubing 1950's bike for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rde413

Retro Newbie
Hello retro cyclists,
I have for sale my 195(:cool: Holdsworth Reynolds 531 frame tubing in Orange. It has new tyres & just serviced I can not say much more except it has some very pleasing Campagnolo parts & Shimano 600 gears. Everything works except the old saddle which perished.
Still a jolly light bike with toe clips & ratios suited to an old git like me but I'm just not getting out on it & would therefore like to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it.
I joined this site as an eBay advertiser told me about it but I have been unable to ascertain the true value of my bike?

May I suggest please if you understand these lovely old things -make a fair offer?

Photos on request naturally; but best to come to BH25 5PT & assess it?
Many thanks & good luck in any event.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 893
Frame number should be underneath the bottom bracket where the crank is fitted. This should also match the number on the top of the forks by the steerer tube. Should be a mixture of letters and numbers can't remember what Holdsworth start with.

Re:

Nevertheless that's brilliant & most helpful- THANK YOU.
It will no doubt make sense to Holdsworth.
Any idea what it ought to be worth please?
Many thanks again.

Depends on the components too if your selling it all in one. Put some more photos if possible. Used to have a Holdsworth 531 Special which I loved but just a tad too small for me so its off to its new owner in Holland:)

Re:

That is pretty obviously a Holdsworth Professional. Very tight clearances suggest it is maybe on 27" wheels atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back