Magura Brake sets and accessories HS77, Edco IGP

jahknob

Devout Dirtbag
I have three sets of Magura hydraulic brakes for sale. All are unused, unboxed, a little bit grubby (but will clean up very nicely) and there are assorted spares that can be put to use with some/all of these. FYI all three sets seem to have quite short cable runs - I can measure them if it's essential - certainly none are set up for tandems, and may not work on larger frames without a new rear cable at least...
These sets come from the closure of Roberts Cycles in Croydon; Chas used Magura brakes for tandems, heavily-laden touring bikes and whenever a customer wanted the very best rim braking available. These sets may have been fitted to show/demo bikes, but as far as I can tell all work fine and haven't been used in anger.
The manuals that came with this job lot indicate that the brakes must have come from some time around 1992-1995.
I don't have a lot of detailed information about any of these - the MTB set has been posted in the relevant section (I believe that they are Magura Race Line Evolution Fluro Hydraulic Rim Brakes HS22/HS33 with everything needed to fit to cantilever studs except for the brake bridge). Now SOLD
The first road set appear to be a complete set of HS77s, with all hardware and pads in as new condition, same for levers and lever hoods, plus instructions and a box of fittings (bolts for normal centre bolt mounting, spare olives, bolts, washers and allen keys). No spare pads for these. I'd like £225.
The second set is an extremely rare set of Edco IGP (Integrated Gearshift Poweubrake) shift/brake levers with a set of cantilever-mounting Magura callipers (but no brake bridges). The gear levers are for Shimano-compatible 8-speed systems. The lever rubbers are in good shape, maybe just starting to get a bit faded here and there, gear ratchets spot-on. The brake callipers attached to the levers are the same as the MTB - HS22/HS33, so suitable for bikes with cantilever bosses. The set comes with bagged evolution adapters as well as a new bagged set of brake blocks. I'd like £275.
In addition, there are some spare sets of evolution mounts (with the odd washer missing), there are six brand new brake blocks (834), one set of bagged 823 brake blocks (these are smaller), an HS22/HS33 caliper with a new brake block attached, spare washers, olives and cable guides. And there are six sets of braze-on mounts for the cantilever-mount brakes (code number 0720425 - for frame builders)
Please feel free to ask any questions. There are more pics available. Prices don't include shipping - happy to consider reasonable (i.e. close to asking price) offers

Attachments

• DSC00268.jpeg
    DSC00268.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,552
  • DSC00277.jpeg
    DSC00277.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,552
  • DSC00273.jpeg
    DSC00273.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,552
  • DSC00276.jpeg
    DSC00276.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,552
  • DSC00279.jpeg
    DSC00279.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,552
  • DSC00291.jpeg
    DSC00291.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,551
  • DSC00289.jpeg
    DSC00289.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,551
  • DSC00290.jpeg
    DSC00290.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 1,551
Re:

Yes, two road sets still available, plus spares as outlined. Will take £250 for the IGP set, £200 for the HS77s and consider reasonable offers

j.

Latest posts

Back