Raleigh Royal 531 56cm frame, forks + components

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
As per the title, with a heavy heart i'm selling my Raleigh Royal frame and forks.

56cm frame, dark green in good condition. Forks have had some of the paint lifted to reveal chrome underneath hence currently tatty. Perfect commuter/touring frame.

Supplied with original bars, stem, brakes, headset & bottom bracket. Looking for £75 collected from Oxford.

A few pictures from when I gave it a quick clean a fortnight ago:

Here she is built up:

onyerbike531":3bl3efya said:
Hello

What is the standover height on the bike when it's fully assembled?

Thanks

Hi there,

I will pop a set of wheels on later and measure for you. Is there any other info that you require?

Thank you for getting back to me

Just an enquiry really

Yes I'm on the lookout for a 56cm touring/road bike, something I can fit a rack to that's more suitable for lugging stuff around than my racer bike which doesn't have the eyelets on the dropouts.

Is the 56cm measurement from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube and is the top tube a similar length to that?

My inside leg measurement are 32.5/33

Thanks again

onyerbike531":1bgce274 said:
Thank you for getting back to me

Just an enquiry really

Yes I'm on the lookout for a 56cm touring/road bike, something I can fit a rack to that's more suitable for lugging stuff around than my racer bike which doesn't have the eyelets on the dropouts.

Is the 56cm measurement from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube and is the top tube a similar length to that?

My inside leg measurement are 32.5/33

Thanks again
Hi there,

Standover height is 33 inches with 27x1/14 wheels/tyres (original spec for the frame). 56cm seat tube.

I also have a Raleigh Dyna-Tech tourer (mint condition) with a 32" standover height - this is on 700c wheels/tyres. I may be tempted to sell this.

Hi again

That's a shame, I think the frame will be sitting a little too high for me on the Royal unfortunately.

I'll leave it for now

Thanks for getting back to me.

Latest posts

Back