CONCORDE AQUILA FRAME c1990 in Ferrari Red. 63cm

Wheelnut

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Concorde Aquila frame and forks.

STILL AVAILABLE

£200 collected from South Oxfordshire (or the North Pennines) or will post for an agreed fee.

Size 63cm c-c seat tube, 59cm c-c top tube.

Looks gorgeous in Ferrari Red with gold lug lining.

Columbus SLX. Italian bottom bracket threading.

Very light, tight, and responsive. Rides like a dream.

Superb race quality Italian made frame reputedly built by Ciocc (or by the company who built their frames, depending on who you believe) with lots of lovely detailing such as the internal cable routing for rear brake cable and for the gear cable, race number braze-on, and loads of Concorde cast-in markings.

There are a few very small marks on the paint which have been carefully touched in. No dents that I have found, apart from one tiny one - more a flattening of the tube - on the left front fork leg, on the inside, hidden by the brake caliper.

I don't really want to sell this as it rides superbly but it fits me only if I have the saddle almost down to the frame, which looks ridiculous! So this is one for the big boys only.

Attachments

• DSC_0036s.jpg
    DSC_0036s.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,661
  • DSC_0058s.jpg
    DSC_0058s.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,661
  • DSC_0047s.jpg
    DSC_0047s.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,661
  • DSC_0041s.jpg
    DSC_0041s.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,661
  • DSC_0042s.jpg
    DSC_0042s.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,661
  • DSC_0051s.jpg
    DSC_0051s.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,661
Re:

This one is 126mm. I think 130 spacing came in about 1990. My frame may be late 80's or early 90's, not sure exactly how old.

I have a place in Alston and drive up every few weeks from South Oxfordshire, usually via M40 and M6 to Penrith, but sometimes via the M1 and A1 to Scotch Corner, so may be able to meet or deliver en route.

Steel frames can be cold set from 126 to 130mm fairly easily, but no point unless you really need to go 8 speed.

Re:

Ahhhh thats a shame, I really wanted a 130mm as I've got a groupset from my old Concorde I crashed into a car not too far away from Alston. I'll have a think.

This is still available.

The sale never went through, as when it came to delivering the frame, Mark decided he didn't want it after all (in fact he never even saw it in the flesh) so it's been hanging up indoors ever since.

I now need the space as I have just acquired several 1950's frames, which is more my style.

Wheelnut":3brvm68g said:
This is still available.

The sale never went through, as when it came to delivering the frame, Mark decided he didn't want it after all (in fact he never even saw it in the flesh) so it's been hanging up indoors ever since.

I now need the space as I have just acquired several 1950's frames, which is more my style.

Many many apologies, I really didnt want to mess you about. I did want the frame just my visits to the UK and your visits to the Pennines didnt match up. I'm still in Portugal. Best of luck with the sale, the frame looks absolutely stunning!

Back