Lovely Shimano 600 groupset rare mavic 501 wheels

carlmoffett

Dirt Disciple
Lovely condition Shimano 600 Ultegra Tri Colour 2nd Edition groupset and very rare Mavic 501 sealed bearing hub wheels.  Nothing comes close to the smoothness of these hubs new or old and I am stuggling to let them go!

Taken from a 1993 bike that was used for 3 years then moved to a warm and dry loft.for the next 20 years! There are very few marks on the groupset and its close to NOS condition.

Groupset includes the wheels and I will possibly split if I have interest in them separately.

The following is include:

Wheels:

Mavic SUP rims with Mavic 501 hubs.  The front rims show little wear and the rears have plenty of life left. Sachs 12-19 freewheel.  The tyres were new at the time buy are now cracked so ideally need replacing.

Groupset

Dual pivot 6403 brakes

6400 SLR brake levers - very few scratches as never dropped.

6400 52/42 chainset 172.5mm in length - very light heel rub but not through the anodising

6401 rear derailleur- 7 and 8 speed compatible - a few very small scatches in the anodising but no rash

6400 rear down tube lever mixed with 105 front lever.  Similar colour.

Campagnolo front derailleur (possibly Chorus)

Hyperglide cassette (not compatible with wheels)
Sachs chain.

Cables

Tri colour front derallieurs seem easy to find so you could sell the Campag one and swap for 600.

I am sure that I could get more for the bits individually but I would ideally like to retain the groupset as one piece.

I was going to use the parts to build up a nice old steel frame but I have recently purchased a NOS full 7402 Dura Ace groupset with wheels.

I am looking for £230 inc postage for wheels and the groupset.

I am always looking for nice old steel frames from 80's until late 90's so would consider one in part ex.

I will try and load up some pictures.

In the meantime I have set up a link to my advert on LFGSS:

https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/295 ... nt13294937

Back