21" Woodrup sprayed Raleigh 1982 Gran Sport Frame

Commanderrb

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Woodrup sprayed Raleigh 1982 Gran Sport Frame

First post on here though viewed the site for ages, so point it out if I'm breaking any rules...

Bought this recently as a full bike to strip for the parts to help finish off a Gran Sport I'm refurbishing, thought it was a Woodrup but couldn't believe it when I got it home as it appears its actually a Gran Sport too - but its been resprayed (picked it up from Leeds which explains why Woodrup). Explains why the spec on it (which attracted me to buy it) was of '82 Gran Sport spec, right down to the rims.

Detective work determining its origin is largely based on the fact (a) its identical from the lugs to the dropouts etc to all the detail on my own Gran Sport (b) its a Raleigh frame number and (c) the spec it had.

21", frame number WM2004175. In pretty good condition, could get away without a respray but probably deserves one. Threads are all fine.

£95 posted? As its first post I have no "reputation" - but I'm on Ebay as '3carloop' and Singletrack as "commander" if you want a look, only had happy buyers....

christiansen AT live DOT co DOT uk for emails....

Link to pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dmamji46x623 ... l3yra?dl=0

Re:

looks nice!

I don't know if there were different versions of Raleigh Gran sport frames, but mine has a fully sloping fork crown, different seat stay tops and the seat stay brake boss is different. It also has gipimme dropouts.

Re:

I suspect there were - my own which is part way though being rebuilt is an '82 and is identical to the Woodrup sprayed one and this one in the '82 catalogue - useless at links but cut and paste at will.....

http://classiclightweights.net/wp-conte ... ing-p3.jpg

Flat crown and Vitus dropouts. I couldn't believe it, I only bought it for the parts but I've been over it with a fine tooth comb and every detail is identical. So much so I was trying to persuade my good lady to have it so I could get it sprayed and we could have a matching pair, she didn't go for it....

I know the '83 moved on a tad and had more chrome plus - doing a quick google - what looks like a more sloping fork crown. Could be that? What a difference a year makes and all that...

Back