Principia Ellipse SX frameset SOLD thanks

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD SOLD SOLD- well swapped anyway :xmas-big-grin:

Up for sale is this stunning Principia Ellipse SX-Rex frameset in their size small/Med size --53 ctc along top tube (about 54 virtual) and 51.5 ctt seat tube.
This frame was dropped from the range for about 3 years as Principia concentrated on Carbon, but due to very high demand is back available again. Very light Aluminium made by hand in Denmark from their own Alloy tubesets. Yields a stiff yet forgiving ride, I completed several sub 6 hour century rides this year on it and never once felt beaten up, ride is more like good quality steel. The Black finish is Anodising not paint and the Fork is an Isaac Ellipse Project 1-1/8th to 1-1/2 full carbon at sub 300g, tracks great and comfy over broken tarmac. I ran this with the Rotor cranks and Sram Red and it weighed under 7 kilos all up.
Condition is immaculate, no dents or marks, not seen much work, gorgeous welds and Anodised finish, so no paint to chip!
I'm reluctant to sell really, but with a recent delivery from Litespeed of a made to measure Ghisallo wearing Campy SR and Enve finishing kit and a Giant TCR Sl 0 with All Zipp kit to ride, I can't see this getting much action.

Reviews here, but this is the top end Anodised model, not painted, http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/technspec ... _KVwoWcHIU

Initially sale is for Framest, CK headset, Tune Shrike seat clamp, Isaac fork, Storck seat post and USE Summit carbon (integrated cable) drop bars and BBB elite stem. £325 posted these framesets were £1400 new and USE Summit bars are sub 200g and £200 plus a set still. Spec here http://www.ultimateuse.com/use-componen ... mit-carbon
If you don't want the bars/stem can do a discount for bare frameset/headset etc

I may consider PX/trades etc for a Carbon wheelset or small sized classic/vintage bike.

Pics below

Re:

Liking that frame. I have a couple of suggestions for your consideration.

Here is my massively retro-modded Lee Cooper made from 531c tubing. Vintage but rides modern in the very best sense. I have got the original steel fork for it too. The paintwork is a bit tatty in places but the frame is sound and rides very nicely. And it's light. Top tube is a touch over 52cm.
Currently built with Campag 10 speed Chorus carbon ergos, Record carbon 48/34 chainset, Chorus rear mech, Chorus skeleton brakes, EA90 stem, EC70 seatpost and Fulcrum Racing zero tubeless wheels.

I also have my wife's very nice and very good condition Reynolds Stratus clinchers that come with original skewers and both Shimano and Campag freehub bodies. They have never been abused - dry weather use by a person of less than 8 stone.

Various permutations of the above are available.

PM me if any of this is of interest.

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 1,784
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 1,784
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 1,784
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 1,784
Re: Principia Ellipse SX frameset + full build option

I've got this Principia frame and love it too. It's also a shade under 7kg built up and like you say - a really nice ride.

GLWS

Re:

Still no serious takers :( Loads of lust, no one with any Wonga though. Muck cheap deal as bars are barely used and £224 from USE alone, Rated as the best Aluminium frame ever engineered, raced by many pro teams.

Re:

Still for sale :? :? :? :? Will do without bar/stem/seatpost for £225 posted (just frame fork and headset) which is silly cheap for a frame of this quality. :xmas-big-grin:

Back