Colnago Colner Frame & Fork 56cm Columbus

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Selling my Colner frame and fork.. I'll be really sad to see this one go but need to clear space for a new build.

56cm ctc seat tube, top tube approx 56.5 ctc. Columbus tubing unsure which as original decal was barley visble but takes 27.2 seatpost so possibly SL? 126 OLD but easily takes 130mm. Nice cutout lugs detailing and Colnago style scalloped seatstay caps. Bought the fork on here as SLX, dont know if they are, but certainly nice and light (decals were added by me).

Was repainted a couple of years ago and has served me as a commuter since. Hence the frame has a few scuffs and small marks but nothing serious. Has had heli tape on top tube and seat stays. Small paint flake on brake bridge has been clear nail varnished. Graphics have taken a few knocks but they are readily available on ebay. I got mine from velocals. Few spots of rust and corrosion on fork, but nothing too serious. Chrome on chainstay is good few speckles but should polish up fine

Now £170 posted for frame fork and tange headset.

More pics here: http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/zoots ... o%20Colner

Info on Colners is sparse but some good info here: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/COLNER.htm

Excerpt: "Colners could be compared with good brands such as Ciocc, Pinarellos. Olmos etc in their looks and build quality - good Italian workhorses. From the front they were readily recognizable by their head transfer- a black Ace of Spades."

Some pictures from when its was first painted, ss running with drops. The candy paint really pops in the sunlight!

Re:

Lovely colour, looks better with drops, but that's just me

Sadly too small.

What's coming in to replace it? Something from the big C?

Glws

Mike

Re:

Cheers Mike, I have something slightly more modern now - a 90s Cannondale. My other steel bike is very similar to the Colner so wanted something a little different !

Re:

Yes, a 'Dale is certainly a bit different to the Colner!

I'd sell the dale, but then that's cos I get backache! :LOL:

Glws mate

Back