Harry Quinn frame

ignatzcatz

Dirt Disciple
22" Harry Quinn time trial frame. From the frame number I reckon this to be manufactured approx. mid 1970's. A top time trial frame in it's day with Campag vertical dropouts and fastback stays. I think they are Bocama lugs, 27.2 seat tube and 125mil OLD just right for your 13/17 block. Braze ons for top tube cable and down tube bottle cage. Paintwork isn't that great but it's a genuine, original retro piece of racing kit. £95 ovno, cash and collection preferred, I'm not far from Horsham in West Sussex.

Attachments

• DSCN1356.JPG
    DSCN1356.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,352
  • DSCN1357.JPG
    DSCN1357.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,351
  • DSCN1358.JPG
    DSCN1358.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,352
ignatzcatz":2auc2iyz said:
22" Harry Quinn time trial frame. From the frame number I reckon this to be manufactured approx. mid 1970's. A top time trial frame in it's day with Campag vertical dropouts and fastback stays. I think they are Bocama lugs, 27.2 seat tube and 125mil OLD just right for your 13/17 block. Braze ons for top tube cable and down tube bottle cage. Paintwork isn't that great but it's a genuine, original retro piece of racing kit. £95 ovno, cash and collection preferred, I'm not far from Horsham in West Sussex.
nice and good price

13/17 block
not so nice lol

I'd normally ride a 52cm modern or m old Falcon was a 21" I think. Would this be too big? Advice welcome!

Lovely frame. I've always wondered - what identifies frames like these as tt frames. Is it vertical dropouts, short wheel base etc?

TT frames of that era are short wheelbase, 5 speed only, often vertical dropouts with holes cut out of most things that could have holes cut in them. Sometimes had the brake centre bolts brazed to the frame. In short....... minimalist:)

Shaun

Midlife":1n8ge0sd said:
TT frames of that era are short wheelbase, 5 speed only, often vertical dropouts with holes cut out of most things that could have holes cut in them. Sometimes had the brake centre bolts brazed to the frame. In short....... minimalist:)

Shaun

Interesting, cheers Shaun!

hasn't this sold yet? Bargain if t has a frame number beginning with a Q made from stamping a letter O and then a stamp with an l.

GTD....Back when this frame was made the trend was to only show a couple of inches of seat post, when did you have your Falcon?

Shaun

Back