Vitus 787 Futural frame & forks 54cm NOW SOLD

mAdam

Old School Hero
NOW SOLD another chapter begins for the 787...

With regret it looks like i have to part with my Vitus 787 Futural. :cry: Funds are needed to finish another retro bike project and so sentiment is out the window for the time being.

I have owned this frame from new, purchased (from Deeside Cycles on the back pages of Cycling Weekly, if i recall correctly?) circa 1988. Finished in sky blue anodising and measuring 54 x 54cm c to c it was (one of) my dream bike back in the day. I raced at junior level on the Vitus for a few years before the bike was hung in the garage and turned my attention to driving :roll:

A few years back i recommissioned the frame, wrapping the main tubes in 3D carbon fibre vinyl to freshen it up a bit and used the bike for a few sunday morning rides.

Still in excellent condition with only some minor age related marks and some chain rash on the drive side lower stay it has plenty of life still left in it. The carbon wrap is easily removed and i have some extra Vitus stickers for the top tube which will be supplied should anyone wish to return the frame to original. (the wrap has provided perfect protection to the frame if nothing else) The original colour can be seen in the brake cable recess under the top tube. Also included is the original Stronglight A9 alloy headset with perfect roller bearings, the original supplied 25mm alloy seatpost, & period correct Novefix Vitus bottle cage. The rear spacing is 126mm with 100mm front spacing, english bottom bracket threads which are perfect with chamfered face for anyone who has a Mavic bracket. A classic retro aluminium Vitus which is ready to build up and enjoy. The frame will be securely packaged in polystyrene (messy, i know, but for peace of mind....)

I realise the market value & my valuation of this frame will be two different things. I would like £120 (including postage) however i would listen to sensible offers & polite advice from experienced RetroBikers as to what is a fair price.

This is the frame built up as my race bike circa 1990 before it was hung up......

...........and this is it resurrected again a few years back (i have just stripped the Dura Ace off the frame this week for the my other retro project)

I had a sneaking suspicion that Mr FINNEY1973 would be all over that like white on rice :)

Shaun

mAdam":16r0m26g said:
NOW SOLD another chapter begins for the 787...

...........and this is it resurrected again a few years back (i have just stripped the Dura Ace off the frame this week for the my other retro project)

Hi,

I have just bought a frameset like this and started to gather parts. Can you please tell me what is the rear spacing? 126mm or 130mm?

thanks a lot!

Back