Bianchi 928L Carbon Lugged Frame, Forks + Headset

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
Up for sale is my Bianchi 928L - Frame, Forks, Headset & seatpost clamp.

Before reading on, please be aware that the metal bottom bracket shell is slightly loose and will require re-bonding in due course. This doesn't affect the structure or integrity of the carbon frame whatsoever and there is no carbon fiber damaged either. It can also be ridden as it is, too.

I bought this frame in late 2013 and built her up and rode it until late 2014. Since then it has been sat in my shed and I have been distracted by other bikes and this hasn't been used.

It's a 56cm (from memory), and I believe it's a non-compact frame i.e. standard geometry (no sloping top tube etc).

The frame is in pretty good condition, I will upload pictures later but she's black with patches of celeste green & a white Bianchi logo. To note, there are a couple of paint chips on the rear chain stay but that's about it in terms of paint damage.

For reference, this is the same design as mine (not my picture or frame)

1%20bianchi%20928%20carbon%20l.jpg

The frame is extremely light, responsive and comfortable - i've ridden a few sportives on her and she climbs beautifully and whilst descending you feel nice and planted to the road as well.

Back to the metal BB shell - this isn't uncommon for carbon frames, i've carried out some research and contacted a company with a good reputation in order for it to be repaired and was told that it's fully repairable and to keep using the bike until the shell works itself loose as it's physically easier to do. I've been distracted by other bikes and haven't got the time to pursue the repair now so i'm selling.

Included is full carbon Bianchi fork with integrated steerer tube 'bung', FSA carbon headset (silky smooth), Bianchi spacers & top cap and a Campagnolo carbon seatpost clamp. Alloy rear mech hanger is in need of replacement as it's currently bent (derailleur incident). Should be available online for circa £10.

I am looking for £165 for the frame, forks, headset & seatpost clamp which I think is a fair price considering it's a high quality frame in need of a relatively routine repair.

Collection welcomed from Oxford however I can post within the UK.

Pictures to follow.

Back