NOS 1992 58cm Cannondale Track Frameset Fork Headset Unbuilt

shogun700

Retro Guru
Hello, I have a NOS 58cm 1992 Cannondale Track frameset I would like to sell. It is in new, unbuilt condition, with minor cosmetic blemishes from 25 years of storage. Part of the original packing is still attached to the seatstay. The headset is Stronglight.

***blemish is in center of photo below only, upper left is just a reflection***

I posted it on US Ebay for a short time last week: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-New-Cannond ... SwKfVXJrC2

The BIN was deliberately high, I was undecided on selling and unsure of the value.

I decided to post it here on Retrobike because I have been active on the MTB forums for several years and wanted a potential buyer to have some reassurance that I am a legitimate seller. It also gives me more flexibility than ebay regarding customs.

Here is the description from the ebay listing:

The serial number, 058089254?4, (located on the chainstay) indicates an August 1992 build date. I believe this to be one of the earlier models.

This frameset has marks in the paint from storage, the most obvious are a good chip near the driveside dropout and scratches on the back of the left fork leg, with lesser marks on the underside of the down tube and on the BB shell, a couple tiny chips on the chainstays, and small scratches on the top tube above the Track decals, which also have small marks.

There are no dents, dings, or damage to the tubing, it has been inspected very thoroughly, with extra attention paid where there are imperfections in the paint.

The dropouts on both the frame and fork are unblemished, no wheels, bottom bracket, or brake has ever been installed. You can see marks under the paint on the rear drops from the factory frame alignment jig.

It appears that the head tube decal was hand-painted blue over a white base, a unique detail. Some of the original packaging, yellowed with age, can be seen attached to the drive-side seatstay. I've left it on for authenticity, although masking tape holding it on gave out in the breeze while I was taking pictures. I'll include the packaging and tape with the sale.

Please refer to the 1993 catalog (available on the web) for frame geometry, I've read these run a bit small for the indicated size.

NOS means the frame is as stiff as the day it was built. Aluminum will fatigue with use and stress, so this is a rare chance to experience this frameset as it was intended.

I am asking $3100 USD. Price is based on the last one that sold on ebay ($2350, not NOS or in this condition).

Paypal payment, no gift required,, no charge for fees. Worldwide shipping via USPS Priority Express International is included in the price. US shipping is also free via USPS Priority, Fedex, or UPS.

Feel free to check my Ebay feedback (100%). I've packed and shipped dozens of frames and complete bikes for international shipping, it will be performed correctly.

PM me if you need more details or pictures. PMs will be responded to in the order they are received.

Attachments

• DSCF8654sm.jpg
    DSCF8654sm.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,584
  • DSCF8402sm.jpg
    DSCF8402sm.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,583
  • DSCF8405sm.jpg
    DSCF8405sm.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,584
  • DSCF8420sm.jpg
    DSCF8420sm.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,581
  • DSCF8407sm.jpg
    DSCF8407sm.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,583
  • DSCF8635sm.jpg
    DSCF8635sm.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,584
  • DSCF8647sm.jpg
    DSCF8647sm.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,583
  • DSCF8649sm.jpg
    DSCF8649sm.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,582
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back