Lightweight wheelset

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Frameset SOLD thanks

This has been my "go to" ride this past year, light, stiff but forgiving ride, with impeccable handling (as is with any Look frame) But have to make room for more exotica.
Sale is the 49cm, handmade in France frame and forks, headset seat clamp, FSA Carbon Pro seat post, similar to the K-Force light, but takes conventional railed saddles, not the Monolink as pictured and the Air T light stem. which suits the graphics and is a 100g cnc'd 31.8 bar stem. Frame has a few light cosmetic marks, as it's 10 years old, but no carbon damage, I've done a few very hilly, Century rides on this and come back Fresh and not feeling beaten up, it climbs really well.

The frame is "lugged" construction, considered to be the best, rather than Open mould, Colnago still use this method for their best Carbon bikes, but costly.

Independent Reviews here:- http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/frame ... px#reviews

Seat tube is 49cm CTT and top tube is 51.5cm ctc, would accommodate a rider up to 5 foot 7, poss a little more, with a longer stem.
Built up with the Sram Red and FSA K-Force Light parts, with the very light, Custom built wheelset, weighs a shade over 6Kg, so loads of potential to build a light bike here.

Looking at £275 posted for frameset, headset and seatpost/clamp and 100mm ABR stem (sub 100g) Interest on here then PM please. (Pics of Seat post and stem at bottom)

Wheelset is handbuilt 700 C - 24 spoke, tubeless ready (needs Stans tape) very light at 1400g with sub 300g rims and triple butted black stainless spoke on Novatech Ceramic hubs, 11 speed compatible, brilliant climbing/sprint wheelset, drop most people on the climbs with these, similar to Hunts Race wheels, but lighter with a 17.6mm internal rim bed (wide), had 3/400 miles dry use, very little wear to braking surface at all. £220 posted.

Or if you are on a budget, I would do the frame, fork and headset at £225 without the lightweight seat post and stem.

There may be potential to sell the chainset and BB also, as my replacement really needs Campag, but it goes to the buyer of the frame. Chainset weighs 560g ish, so 100g less than Dura Ace and way stiffer. 170 cranks 50-34 rings 30mm 386 axle.

I've seen these go at £500 on Ebay, as they are such a good ride and have been ridden by teams in the Pro Peloton, so priced realistically to sell.

Re: Look 555 Frameset

Absolute stunner of a frame, if it were 3 sizes larger I'd snap it up. Have a free bump.

Re:

Thanks for the kind comments, yes they are a really good to ride, it's interesting that all the top end makers top end frames, are going back to carbon lugged construction like this, like the Colnago C60 etc I only have so much room in the shed though. :facepalm:

Re: Look 555 Frameset + wheelset

If you could just make it about 5cm bigger in both directions, I'd take it off you in a second (as I'm sure would many others).

Re:

how tall are you as a rider?
interested in this, but i'd be swapping it for a perfectly good nearly new frameset, so i dont want to have to work around it with regard to size. i'd also need a week to sort out funds assuming it would be suitable. you said it will accommodate a rider upto 5,7, what tweaks would need to be made for it to fit?

regards
craig

Re:

I'm five foot five and three quarters, in bare feet, but as you can see, it has very little layback with the K-force Monolink seat post, the FSA Pro-Carbon has about 25mm of layback, so would increase reach. I'm running it with an 80mm stem, selling it with a 95mm stem, so a longer stem would give you more reach, similarly bars are short reach compact, so you could fit with longer reach bars.
Also as it's a standard format, not "compact" dropped top tube style, there is plenty of scope for lifting the saddle height upwards.

I'm only selling, as have splashed out on some modern Italian exotica and there are only so many bikes you can ride or have room for.
PM me if you would like?

Back