1955 Gillott frame for refurb

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After much deliberation I have decided to sell this AS Gillott frame, fork, headset and bb. It is a 1955 according to the frame number and has Spearpoint lugs and an RJB chromed crown, nice :)

It takes 27" wheels as you would expect but also has mudguard eyes, however if you take a look at the clearances there is no way I am going to get any guards in there, although he brake drop on the rear is massive! It also has braze ons for bar shifters of some type

Theres also a lug under the down tube for a Co2 canister.

Mark Stevens - Gillott expert wrote this back in 2009 when I bought it:

That looks like an out and out racing frame despite the mudeyes. I guess built for sprints and tubs. Or 26''s but thats unlikely. Try some tubs in it. It has the classic Spearpoint lugs. The detail on the fork crown is not a Fleur de Lis but their RJB crown. The frame has some nice details like the fluted topeyes, Pennine block under D/T , cable stops and guides for Campagnolo gears and barcons. Most unusual are the brake cable stops on top of the top tube. I think this is likely original. If it was a later mod there would have been 3 cable guides for covered cable. The centre pull bridge is a nice touch too. Earliest one Ive seen on a Gillott or anything else for that matter.I would like a close up photo of this and the dropouts please Terry. What size is the frame? If you fancy trading it for another Spear that you can fit guards too do let me know. I am interested in this frame for its brazeons. Mark

Gillott001.jpg

Gillott007.jpg

Gillott010.jpg

Gillott008.jpg

Gillott012.jpg

I'm looking for £250 + £15 postage

Back