Campagnolo 8 Speed Wheels Brand New Races, Cones & Bearings

Tamandua

Retro Guru
For sale a beautiful Campagnolo wheelset, was planning to use for a project but have gone in another direction

8 Speed 1995 Athena hubs. I have spent £85 and a lot of time sourcing and replacing parts. New races and cones, the former were fitted professionally by my LBS. These hubs are from the period when Athena and Chorus shared Record parts so all these new parts are Record level. All parts are official Campagnolo spares apart from the rear drive side cup which is no longer available but I managed to get a replacement manufactured by Condor Cycles. Also the rear wheel drive side cone wasn't replaced as it was in great condition. All ball bearings have been replaced with Grade 10. Official Campagnolo seals have also been replaced. Since assembling they have not been used, so these are in effect new hubs!

Rims are Mavic Open 4CD, these are barely used , anodizing has only just worn off the braking surface and they show virtually no wear - see photos.

Front wheel is radially laced, Rear is cross laced on drive side and radially laced on non drive side. Velox rim tape.

These are a really lovely set of wheels and with the new components should last a very long time if maintained. I've been reluctant to let them go but realistically I'm not going to use them as I'm on 10 speed now.

£170 posted

Any questions please let me know

thanks

Latest posts

Back