Olmo Oria Frameset 55 C2C

Deax

Devout Dirtbag
Olmo Oria TC 0.8 tubed frame and forks dating from around 1989 / 1990.

I purchased this in December for a project, but sadly (as I really like the way it looks) it wasn't accurately described by the seller and it just below my minimum size. So I'l attempt to describe it more fully!

Seat tube is 55.0 centre to centre.
Top tube is 55.5 centre to centre.

Threads are:

Bottom bracket - Italian and
Headset - British (!). Strange as this seems I've tried a couple of Italian threaded locknuts and they simply will not thread (but will on other Italian forks). It's possible that the threading is ISO, but even so I would have thought that Italian threads would work. British threaded headsets mount beautifully.

Perhaps there's an Olmo expert out there that can confirm if this is `normal' for the vintage.

Headset stack height is Shimano 34mm, so there's not enough thread for Campagnolo.

The frame came with a what was probably the original headset - a Shimano Exage which I will fit if required (see below).

Seat tube diameter is 27.0mm and rear dropouts are spaced for 126mm OLD.

Weights are: frame with dropout adjusters: 2.19kg and forks 0.771kg

Condition is pretty good - there are a few chips to the paint with some `pebble dashing' on the underside of the down tube and a touch of surface rust on the the underside of the top tube that's not visible unless the frame is upside down.

There's no dents.

The top tube decals are a bit tatty, but they are not laquered over, so if they are currently available could be easily replaced.

The bottom brack cable guide is missing so a standard one-bolt item such as the current Campagnolo product will be needed.

The chrome on the forks is very good - no rust or pitting.

See more pictures here:

https://goo.gl/photos/ERszmHjmTZ8QgMiNA

I'm looking to get my money back, not turn a profit so £120 delivered to the UK mainland without the headset, or £130 with.

Please contact me for prices for other destinations.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC_1952 Small.jpg
    DSC_1952 Small.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC_1953 Small.jpg
    DSC_1953 Small.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC_1955 Small.jpg
    DSC_1955 Small.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 504