CNC'd brake lovliness Red Ciamillo SOLD

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD thanks

Having a rationalization of some of the components I don't need. Nice set of CNC'd brake calipers, they come in at under 200g for the full F&R set, so weight weenie territory, utilise the cam lever system and offer similar stopping power to dual caliper, but more Aero and much lighter.
They have near new Swiss stop Pads and full Titanium bolt kits. They have only just had New uprated stronger springs fitted also.

Always open to swaps and have the following "requirements" :D

Black Sram Force/Rival calipers
Tune Titanium skewers
10 speed "Brifters"/Ergo's etc

The Red Ciamillo Are "Zero G Ti" and are pretty pricey new (£300 plus I believe now). Asking £120 posted

Interest on here first then PM please.

Re:

The top ones from about 2009 to 2015 the Ciamillo's from a similar period, possibly a little later.
Ted Ciamillo still makes brakes like these, but they have altered the design a bit in recent years, to accommodate the trend towards wider rims and the use of 25 and 28mm tyres, more readily with their lower rolling resistances, they also make cranks now. Link below

http://caw-designs.com/?page_id=715

Re: CNC'd brake lovliness Ciamillo and Nokon cables

I was hoping you'd have said they were from the nineties. I'm trying to stick to 93 for my build. I've also got 19c rims, so as much as I love the look of those brakes and they're the right colour too, I'll have to miss out. I'd have thought they'd sell straight away at that price. Period correct sucks.

Re:

I'm not so sure "Period Correct" is quite as in "Vogue" as it was a few years back, it's becoming very popular to put modern components on a classic steel frame, as this improves handling, ability to climb hills, dramatically reduces weight and improves safety. There was an article in this Quarters "Ride" magazine, about a guy who had refurbed a 1971 Cinelli Speciale Corsa frame, then fitted it out with Campy Super Record (2013 11speed) and Carbon Sports Lightweight wheels (All £5000's worth) he got it down at 7.5kg, but still had the magical ride quality of the Cinelli frame.

This version is actually 2006/2007 after doing a little more research.

Me and the Mrs have a fair collection of bikes between us, but less classic/retro than we used to, simply because modern bikes are so vastly superior in every way, I enjoy riding my classic bikes, but when I take my modern Look out and the Mrs is on her Trek Slro5, the combined weight of both these bikes together will weigh less than just one Period correct Classic Steel framed bike of 20-30 years ago and you don't even notice a lot of climbs, that you had struggled on with a Classic steel framed bike.
We used to feel tired after 30/40 mile rides on classic bikes weighing around 9 kilos or so, now we think nothing of tackling a hilly 100 mile plus ride, then doing it again the next day!
if they don't sell on here I'll put them on the CTC site, as they will probably appeal more on there.

Out of interest what does a average pair of modern calipers weight, eg. ultegra, athena, sram rival etc.

I'm quite taken by those pink ones, will have a dig through my parts and PM you this evening about some possible swaps from your wanted list

riddim-track":xoi1klrp said:
Out of interest what does a average pair of modern calipers weight, eg. ultegra, athena, sram rival etc.

My standard 7800 Dura Ace are 320g on my kitchen scale, the Ciamillo i've on my Carraro (same as above) 181g :cool:

Re:

I make then a bit heavier than 181g, but the Swiss Stop pads are pretty chunky, both sets are sub 200g though, Dura ace is over 300g, Super Record Skeleton about 285g I think and Sram Red similar

Back