FS: Mavic Cosmic Pro wheel set

citizen-snips

Retro Guru
I have one set of Mavic Cosmic Pro Tubulars up for sale here. 16 hole front and rear. As is typical of Mavic components from this era they are extremely well made with bearings that are buttery smooth. They are in excellent used condition with very little wear to the brake track surface.

These take a 7 speed Campagnolo cassette (yes 7 speed cassette) but a used cassette will be included with the sale (without looking in the garage I think its 11-23) but will check later. For your info a Campagnolo 8 speed cassette can be used as a replacement minus 1 cog. I've included a link to the Brandford Bike site detailing the different Campagnolo freehub bodies.

http://branfordbike.com/articles/casset ... s-pg60.htm

The Tufo S3 tubs shown in the pictures have almost no wear and although I have ridden them on four occasions this past year, as a disclaimer, at some point I would swap the tyres for new ones as a safety precaution.

£99 posted to a UK address.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskoxKY2b

Re:

sorry ... but your wheels are not Cosmic Pro. I had the same set but that are Cosmic tubulars 1st Gen. 16/16 spokes

Cosmic Pro 16/16 spokes launched in 1996 together with Cosmic Expert 18/20 spokes and super light red couloured Helium Wheelset. Instead of Cosmic 1st Gen., which have black caps - Cosmic Pro have complete silver couloured hubs

Your wheels are from before 1996 because MAVIC changed in 1996 from MAVIC rectangle to the MAVIC Elipse. All existings Cosmic Pro Wheelsets are with the MAVIC Elipse and black PRO lettering. All wheelsets with the MAVIC rectangle are Cosmics mostly in tubular version. The Cosmic Pro wheelset had been availabled in tubular and clincher Version. Tubular Version of CosmicPro in my opinion are still very rare but this first Cosmic wheelset is more Retro.

Attachments

• Cosmic_1st Gen.jpg
    Cosmic_1st Gen.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2,782
  • mavic-cosmic-pro-wheelset-275-kitsilano_8177406.jpg
    mavic-cosmic-pro-wheelset-275-kitsilano_8177406.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,783
Can you upload more pics are the hub covers intact? Mine are split may be interested if yours are mint.

Apparently NOT sold as a fellow forumite has now changed their mind. BUMP.

@ Spear45: there is a split to the black plastic cover on rear hub, but it still seats itself over the alloy bearing cover without rattling or slipping off when in use.

Back