1985 Roberts f&f photos.

Re:

Frame number (does the fork match) ? What makes you think (a) it's 80s and (b) it's a Roberts?

Jon.

Re:

Hello Jon. The frame & forks are from the same build, depite being different colours. I had carbon forks put on it when i had it resprayed in its current colour. I've explained this in an earlier post. I am a friend of the person who had the frame built back in 85. There is a nr stamped on the bb shell, 85 326, as far as i can make out from a photo i took. I know it's a Roberts unless my friend lied about where he got it from. He chose a metallic blue front end, white main tubes and red rear triangle. The colours was phased /blown into each other. The decals were in gold. I don't have a receipt but i suppose you could speak my friend if you wanted to verify what i am saying.(claiming?)
Regards,
Richard Lees.

Re: Price??

Hello RobMac & anyone else that has missed an earlier post with a price suggestion.
I put a post in the Retro Classic Road section & somebody by the name of Neil M threw out a figure of £250. This figure doesn't include postage, but i do have a suitable box that it can be sent off in. Of course it will be properly wrapped/ packaged. I do have a few other parts that i have mentioned earlier & a few other parts that i haven't mentioned aswell. If someone would like to buy it for £250 then i'd be happy to let it go for that. It hasn't been used for many years & it would be nice to see someone give it some TLC & bring it back to life.
All the Best to everyone,
Richard Lees.

Re: Roberts f & f.

I might of forgot to mention that the frame has a Campag BB & headset,at least cups & lock
ring. The BB is untouched but the headset will probably need new bearing races. I can have the headset that is on the frame removed by my LBS if so wished. I could even throw in an extra Campag BB that i replaced with the one on the frame. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Is there any interest out there for the frame & forks anyway? It doesn't cost anything to ask a question, fire away.

Re: Roberts f&f price.

I thought i would see if there is any interest for my frame & forks if i lowered the price. How does £200 sound/feel? Excl postage. Sweden is a member of EU, so you wouldn't have to arrange a second mortgage to get it sent over. I still have the box i mentioned & it would be packed very well so that it wouldn't get damaged. (you could chose to insure & track it) Anyone tickled/interested?
Regards,
Richard.

Back