Raleigh Castorama 1990 Team Frame - Ex Thierry Marie

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
It is with a heavy heart that I am selling this frame & forks. Some of you may have seen the original build thread & will be aware that the previous owner had hand painted the frame in places. Because of this, I shipped it to the original builder Cyfac in France for a respray.

It is virtually mint. The only decals on the frame are the Raleigh herons and the Reynolds stickers. The rest is paint!!

I have had the history confirmed by the builders and the frame number and T,M initials are stamped on the BB (the French initial surname first).

Any interested parties PM me with any questions.

It's a 53cm seat tube, 55cm top tube with spring classic geometry, built from Reynolds 653 (531 main tubes for comfort, 753 rear triangle for power transfer). It's a quick bike, and I am still faster on this machine around a local hilly circuit than on a 2014 Focus Cayo with Campag Bullet wheels!!

Sale is for frame and forks only.

I am looking for £750, which I think is a fair price considering the provenance, condition and pedigree of the F&F. All my dialogue with Eric and Aymeric at Cyfac will be forwarded so you also have the proof of provenance. I also have pictures before, during and obviously after the respray (most of which are on this forum!!) which I will send you.

Attachments

• Casto.jpg
    Casto.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,176
Re:

Wow! Don't often see something like this come up for sale. You're other bikes must be something special! :cool:

GLWS

Mike

Re:

Thanks Mike. Yep, tough decision. Really it should be in a museum. I like to ride my bikes, but with this one I am too scared! Would like to get a Raleigh TT in 753 or titanium Raleigh to replace it. Will keep the money in a secret account until something comes along!

Cheers
Matt

Re:

Well I hope the replacement isn't a disappointment Matt. Do you have a build thread?
Could you not keep hold of the frameset, and get the one you want? Try that out, and if you're disappointed, you still have this?
I guess you've already thought of this :oops:

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":15i0azrg said:
Well I hope the replacement isn't a disappointment Matt. Do you have a build thread?
Could you not keep hold of the frameset, and get the one you want? Try that out, and if you're disappointed, you still have this?
I guess you've already thought of this :oops:
Yeah, would love to keep it. Three kids though!

There are bits and bobs all over the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=251359
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=252871
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=314100

I am showing off with the last one!

fleshtuxedo":1slu3ofx said:
That is stunning and I liked Thierry Marie. If I hadn't just moved house.....
Ha ha. Everyone is saying something similar!! If I hadn't just spent £xxx on so and so, if I hadn't just got divorced, if I hadn't just had triplets, if my boiler hadn't just packed up.

I think I am destined to keep hold of it! :)

Back