Ultralight SRAM Red Rear Mech (10-speed) SOLD

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Top-of-the-line SRAM Red rear mech up for sale. Originally I planned to sell the shifters too but I decided to keep the SRAM setup, though the rear mech is going to be too small a cage for the new plans for the bike so I'm going to swap it out for an XX Medium cage.

The bar/shifter/tape setup is so nice it would be a shame to split them so I want to sell these together as a cockpit. It consists of 1) a set of awesome SRAM Red Double Tap 10-speed shifters in the Black edition version, with an RRP of either £475 or £549 (some conflicting info on that). Carbon everywhere, coming out at an ultralight (reported) weight of 280g/pr! Excellent cosmetically with just a few marks. 2) A Bontrager Race Lite VR 7075 Drop bar, 42cm, 31.8 clamp, reported weight of 240g and RRP £50. 3) Professionally fitted black Deda grip tape, soft, comfy and lightweight. I will also leave the cable outers in place. A pretty special front end really, withdrawn from sale (I'm keeping them all).

A SRAM Red 10-speed Blackbox Ceramic Bearing short cage rear mech. Ultralight again at sub-150g. Also very nice condition with good jockeys, I will check for sure but from memory there may have been an issue with the cable adjuster (I only ever use the inline adjuster anyway since the XT and XTR ones I use on my MTBs don't even have them). Reduced to £60 posted - NOW SOLD.

Attachments

• IMG_4105 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4105 (Custom).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_4114 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4114 (Custom).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_4730 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4730 (Custom).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_4711 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_4711 (Custom).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 573
Re: Ultralight SRAM Red Rear Mech (10-speed)

Just the rear mech up for sale now after a change of plans (couldn't part with the shifters after all) - final reduction to £60 posted!

Fatal Swan":1y6k0ctl said:
Just the rear mech up for sale now after a change of plans (couldn't part with the shifters after all) - final reduction to £60 posted!

If you had a change of heart, would be interested in the shifters and mech, not bars/stem etc though??? ;)

Sorry, I decided to keep the front end - I've switched the cassette to a wider ratio and gone with a mid-cage X.0 rear mech. So just the Red rear mech for sale now.

Re:

Pity, is the cable adjuster fully functional or not then please? Just you questioned there was a problem with it?
Also do you know the maximum teeth these will handle? 11-26?

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":2npx23lg said:
Pity, is the cable adjuster fully functional or not then please? Just you questioned there was a problem with it?
Also do you know the maximum teeth these will handle? 11-26?
Sorry for the slow reply - wanted to get the mech out, tidied up, checked over and weighed for you. I can confirm the cable adjuster is in fact working fine - not sure why I thought it might not have been, though I've got used to using the shifter adjusters since the XTR mechs I've used on the mountain bike haven't had them for a while now. Anyway, that's all good. The weight is exactly 148g on my digital scales (less than the manufacturer's weight) and it's lovely clean, great jockey wheels, excellent condition with only one significant mark as pictured. By some distance the nicest mech I've ever owned.

As for the ratio - I was using it fine last year with an 11-27 (34-50 on the front). I think I read up that it could go up to a 28t sprocket but my lack of fitness and general inexperience on the road led me to the safety net of a 30t, which is the only reason I'm selling it.

Back