NOS and used rims Mavic/Wolber/Campag etc (update 20/11)

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
UPDATE, NEW ITEMS ADDED WEF 20/11. PICS AND INFO AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. SOLD ITEMS REMOVED

A recent wheelset purchase came with a good few rims, so I'm offering them for sale here. I've now removed the above NOS rims I've sold. One of these still left though, so hurry before it goes:) Of the new rims, only one is NOS, but it's a pretty high end one. Others are used but show few signs of wear. The majority of the rims are tubular fitting and all are 700c, besides the pair of Weinmanns which are 27". Previous owner was a time trialist who clearly looked after his kit. All the rims seem wholly true per their lying flat alongside each other with all points touching, so not showing buckles. They look equally circular this way too.
Also for sale are a pair of very early Look clipless pedals. Mechanically, these are fine and spin freely with no play and feel to the hand to have been regreased at some point not too long ago. But cosmetically, they're showing their age, with the paintwork showing a fair few scratches and chips. £7.
And finally, a Blackburn rear pannier rack. Condition is fine with just a few scuffs here and there. I'm including a free unbranded lightweight/nylon pannier, if it's wanted. Condition is also good, but I can't work out how it's supposed to attach to the rack? £7. Postage cost will be the same as with the mudguards (see below).
NB Please view my other thread in this forum for hubs, and if vintage MTBs float your boat, I've a third thread in MTB classifieds:)

Mavic Monthlery Pro, NOS, 700c, tubular fitting, 36 hole, brass double eyelets. Appears to have been stored with care, so pretty much perfect condition bar the label peeling slightly. £20.
Weinmann pair of rims, 27 1/4", clincher fitting, 36 hole, brass single eyelets, distinctive with their concave 70s/retro looking shape not seen too often:) Front barely showing rim wear, with rear showing brake pad marks. £7.
Fiamme pair of rims, 700c, tubular fitting, 36 hole, double eyelets, one showing brake pad marks, the other not. And one has a shiny finish, while the other is more matt. £10.
Mavic Module 3CD, 700c, clincher fitting, 36 hole, double eyelets, brake surface shows the anodizing removed but still flat.£7.
Campagnolo Epsilon Strada G25, tubular fitting, 32 hole, double eyelets, brake surface shows the anodizing removed, but still flat. £7,.
Rigida rim, tubular fitting, 700c, 36 hole, braking marks can be seen, but surface still flat. £4.

Hi all,
Here we have one NOS 27" rim and one used 700c rim, plus x5 pairs of mudguards for sale. They are a bike shop's unsold stock which has come my way, together with some wheels I was interested in. All rims are clincher fitting. Despite not having the original wrappings, these have basically been stored very well and show virtually no marks (etc) from storage. The used rim has had minimal usage and the machined braking surface looks practically untouched. There are marks showing from storage though. I have owned this rim whilst it had been part of a wheel that had had its hub damaged, requiring me to break it down, and remember it being true at this time. Details on the spec below. Please feel free to ask for more detailed pics before buying. I can also find out the weights of individual rims, if required. Prices don't include (annoyingly expensive) UK postage- I'm hoping you'll collect them so I can avoid the hassle:) But if you really want them posting I'll find out how much Royal Mail have bumped the price up by since I last sent these with them:)

Wolber Super Champion Gentleman GTA - 32 hole - single eyelets - £15
Miche Connect - 24 hole - single eyelets - £8

4nwj.jpg

33athxz.jpg

ml30ph.jpg

Mudguards come in various widths, but I believe all of them will fit standard 27" size tyres. One of the unbranded sets looks wide enough for 38mm width tyres. Sets included are x3 unbranded alloy pairs, one including a mudflap. Only one pair includes attachment rods, but I'm sure these can be found at most LBS's. SKS sets can also new found in below thread updates. Condition very good.

fw0k8j.jpg

2mfjkv9.jpg

1z1ahhz.jpg

POSTAGE UPDATE: I've been able to confirm that Royal Mail's prices for sending rims/wheels are as ridiculous as ever:) However, for anyone who's ok with a slower service, Myhermes couriers would be £4. I happen to have wheel boxes I can use, so no issues on this score.
Payment by PP gift.
Collection from London (Camberwell) welcome.

Re:

Would love the pair of Mavic MA2s but would need them posted.

Will PM and we can agree a post price.

Re: NOS 27" Mavic/Wolber rims + 1 used one and x5 mudguard sets

Yeah, my bad- mudguards are £7 a pair for the SKS and Bluemels ones, and £4 for any other pair. Will try to add postage prices tomorrow.

NB PLEASE SEE MY SECOND SALES THREAD FEATURING HUBS- SORRY, NO SPOKES THOUGH!
And above thread updated with postage info.

Discount offered for any rim bought together with a hub on my other thread. Plenty to choose from:)

Well, I'm thinking you mean the black ones? (at least, I'm pretty sure that none of my unbranded ones aren't actually SKS jobbies:). The black ones are 37mm width. BTW spotted a mistake re these- I've described them as plastic, but on closer examination, they're plastic over alloy.
EDIT: looking on the 'net for the P35 model, I can see that a silver pair I have would seem to be this model but without the SKS labels, which I assume you'd already realized :shock: These ones are of the same width as the black ones.

I'm adding another set of mudguards I forgot I had. These are SKS Raceblades and I think they're the medium width version, width being 40mm. These have their supporting rods, and I will include new frame fastening rubber strips. They are in good used condition, with the only thing worth mentioning is slight wheel rub on the sliding brackets. These are for the 700c wheel size only. Price: £10.

219uctv.jpg

n6f4ae.jpg

BTW postage for each pair of mudguards will be £3, with MyHermes.

Back