1950's/60's JRJ Bob Jackson+b17 sprinter £99 SOLD

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
************************************SOLD********************************************************************

Heres a nice old girl that would benefit from a warm new home new owner that enjoys "a spot of renovation".
JRJ frame and fork (aka Bob Jackson of Leeds) dates from the late fifties/early 60's (or so I am led to believe). She wears a nice set of Nervex Professional lugs and Campagnolo dropouts. She has been repainted in a funny manner at some point in the distant past. From 20 paces the colour scheme is beautiful but up close she caries some scars from her action packed past! the top tube has a nice selection of dings and dints, the pump pegs have been removed and on the underside of the tube there is corrosion evident under the paint. I am not sure why these were not remedied before the new paint was applied, the finish leads me to think the aforementioned gremlins were lurking before her respray. Personally I think the frame would warrant the price of a new top tube being fitted as the rest of it is in nice tidy condition, my local place charges about 90 for this but obviously a new lick of paint would have to be factored in. As it stands it still builds into a lovely bike and has been ridden this way for some years.
Chrome is ok with some very light pitting but nothing major.
Perched on top is a patina rich Brooks B17 sprinter saddle, a rare old beast which was popular in its day with track riders and testers, at 115mm it is the narrowest saddle I have ever set eyes on, it would probably slice me in two but it goes great with the frame which I believe is of the same era. I have not polished or preened the saddle for these pictures, what you see is what you get, cracks, grazes and all. The package really needs to go and live with somebody from lancashire as the Brooks badge has been replaced with one bearing the name "North Lancs road club", the longer it spends time here in Yorkshire the more I feel it needs to be back home in the rainy dark country again!
Frame dimensions are as follows
Seat tube 57cm centre to centre, 58.5cm centre to top
Head tube is 163mm
Fork steerer is 200mm
Top tube is 555mm

Included is an original all steel 26.8 Campagnolo record 2 clamp seat post. I think the frame needs a 27.2 but this can go with it anyway as I will not need it. It does however look like it has been in a war then chewed by a pack of Hyenas.

£160 posted within mainland UK
Ta
D

***********PRICE AMENDED A BIT************* Now £99 including a mavic 630 chain set with "big man" 42-56t chainrings (crank puller threads on the right hand side are a bit knackered though), I will also pop in a pair of record (I think) braze on gear levers

****************SOLD THANKS*******************

Attachments

• jrj.jpg
    jrj.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 986
  • jrj1.jpg
    jrj1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 972
  • jrj2.jpg
    jrj2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 972
  • jrj3.jpg
    jrj3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 972
  • jrj4.jpg
    jrj4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 972
Re: 1950's JRJ / Bob Jackson frame + b17 sprinter saddle

Lovely looking frame :). The rear mech cable stop under the chainstay is 80's, is there anything under the bottom bracket, numbers, cable guides?

The rear brake bridge bridge looks chunky, is it for Allen key brakes?

Shaun

Re:

Serial is 4680 :D I'm pretty sure that the brake bridge hole is straight through for a nutted calliper but will have to check it out tomorrow

Attachments

• jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 923
  • jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 923
Re: 1950's JRJ / Bob Jackson frame + b17 sprinter saddle

Midlife":1jn6d2cl said:
Lovely looking frame :). The rear mech cable stop under the chainstay is 80's, is there anything under the bottom bracket, numbers, cable guides?

The rear brake bridge bridge looks chunky, is it for Allen key brakes?

Shaun

It is drilled straight through for a nutted brake

Re: 1950's/60's JRJ Bob Jackson+b17 sprinter REDUCED+PARTS ADDED

Rather tempted as this is in my size... what's your very best price (posted)?

Re: 1950's/60's JRJ Bob Jackson+b17 sprinter REDUCED+PARTS ADDED

tjkwood":194o9enx said:
Rather tempted as this is in my size... what's your very best price (posted)?
£129 Shipped within mainland uk.

£99

Back