Chas Roberts Track Frame

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Absolutely stunning track frame from Chas Roberts. Built from Reynolds 531c tubing in a very vibrant post box red.

The paint is in fantastic condition with just a minor mark here and there, the only noteworthy point is that there was a chrome chainstay protector which has left the paint uneven and thin in area there. (I'll post some pictures up soon). Personally I'd fit a new protector, I can provide a carbon effect stick on one FOC if you like.

It's a 56cm x 56cm

I'm looking for offers around £450 for this. Postage is available or collection from Kent ME11 is more than welcome.

When you say 55cm is that Centre to centre or centre to top? Can you also provide the top tube measurement centre to centre please:)

Tel,,,now i have got over the disappointment...is it a track frame or a conversion with replacement track ends?...i ask because of the rear brake bridge.....Are the forks round track forks or road oval shape?

Sorry Leon I never quite finished answering your questions did I....

Well they're not completely round but not as oval as you would normally expect to see on a road frame. As you say it is also drilled for a rear brake,

I've written an email to Chas Roberts to see if they can shed any light on it. The frame number is 315 which I would guess is fairly old!?

Tel":1qaqxgaw said:
The frame number is 315 which I would guess is fairly old!?

I was going to request the frame number, and yes, 315 does tell me quite a lot - thanks. Could you post an image of the frame number please.

Rk.

Oh is it not!? I've emailed Chas Roberts to see if they can shed any light.

The Reynolds stickers are a bit off, the Roberts ones are perfect and under the lacquer. Could have been a resprayed frame I guess although I'm not sure on Roberts policy for what they put their name on. I await their reply.

Tel":3smpro0r said:
Oh is it not!? I've emailed Chas Roberts to see if they can shed any light.

The Reynolds stickers are a bit off, the Roberts ones are perfect and under the lacquer. Could have been a resprayed frame I guess although I'm not sure on Roberts policy for what they put their name on. I await their reply.

Without doubt it has been repainted.

The frame number is not in the correct place for an early Roberts, and the stamping (e.g punch used) is not consistent.

If (a hypothetical if) the frame number is/was 315 then the Reynolds stickers are too late for the frame (irrespective of their poor positioning) - the headtube decal is possibly a little late too (no real harm in that though); as you're a trader I'd expect it to be authentic.

The brake drillings (? track frame); are they nutted or allen key...that will provide more clues. Chas would not put Roberts decals on anything other than a Roberts - the assumption here is that (a) it is a Roberts, and (b), Roberts are responsible for the repaint/mods.

Take a look at my sig, I have a very early Roberts frame (frame number 1xx) that I've known from new - Roberts were one of my LBS.

It would not be the first time that a master builder's decals have ended up on...do I need to say?

Rk.

P.S have you checked the steerer?

Back