55cm Winter training frame with mudguard eyelets

cyclingpistol

Dirt Disciple
£25.00

I purchased this bike about a week ago for its parts only. I just want to get some of my money back really - although I paid a lot more for the whole bike!! It is stored in my office which is permanently dry and warm so not in the shed.

OLN is 130mm and it takes 700c wheels.

Being 6'3" a 55cm frame is of little use to me!!!

It could do with some cosmetic work but that's about it. A bit of a rub down and a rattle can spray would bring it up lovely. The frame itself is structurally fine. Small amounts of surface rust which could be polished out but not that noticeable. I've tried to illustrate them in the photos.

Comes with seat clamp. Headset and bottom bracket. I don't know who the maker is and I presume it is 531 Steel although I cannot verify this. It does have some production numbers on the bottom which I have no clue about. (JG 9303) It could possibly be a Schwinn?

I also have the down tube guides and the original seat pin if you are interested. If so, £30 for the lot.

Lastly, I have ITM bars, brand new stem although this will need an adapter, as well as some other bits and pieces - all priced to sell. If interested, do get in touch.

Collection only from Perton/Albrighton/Wolverhampton - can also meet in Telford if needed.

Attachments

• DSC_0011 a.jpg
    DSC_0011 a.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0012 a.jpg
    DSC_0012 a.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0013 a.jpg
    DSC_0013 a.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0014 a.jpg
    DSC_0014 a.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_0015 a.jpg
    DSC_0015 a.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 583
I presume it takes a 1" fork? If so, what's the length of the head tube on the frame? (I've been saving up a 1" carbon fork for a potential project but the steerer is too short for most frames I've been interested in). Cheers.

Re:

Ah, yes. 1".

The steerer which is on there at the moment is 150mm. The length of the head tube seems to be 120mm.

I will try and post a picture to show with a tape measure next to it.

Someone was selling 1" carbon forks for £25 on a facebook site and it took about 3 seconds to sell and 900 other people saying 'if he doesn't have them, I will'.

I was after some but with a 230mm steerer for another bike - I gave up in the end and sold the frame. Expensive and difficult to find. USA seems to be the market but the costs are prohibitively high.

The steerer I have is an unthreaded 200mm so bog standard Raleigh frames are too long by the time you add in the size of the stem, however your frame is just right. Could I tempt you to post it? I'm in Newcastle so collection is all but impossible. Just the frame, if it makes finding box any easier? I understand if not.

Re:

Hi, I don't mind posting I suppose.

Postage would be on top and via Hermes which I have found to be the best option for all. Probably going to be an extra £9-£10 if thats ok? Signed for.

Much appreciated, £35 works fine for me, drop me a pm with your Paypal details and I'll get it sorted for you. Thanks again.

Back