Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:11 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:13 pm 
Retro Guru

SOLD!

For sale here are my awesome NW Farenheit GTX boots, selling due to lack of use. I simply do not ride enough in winter to warrant keeping them.

Condition is excellent - I've worn them on just 5 or 6 rides total. Some marks/scuffs from normal use (they are shoes after all ) but overall they are great.

Size 47 - I sized up one size to allow more room for thicker/layered socks and some toe wiggle action. As a guide I am a 46 in Specialized cycling shoes & a size UK 10.5 to 11 in trainers. They would also suit a "usual-size 45" if you want even more room to layer up on socks.

I have quite wide feet and the NW fit is great, very adjustable due to the speedlace/toggle system and outer velcros.

They make cold/wet riding a pleasure - they are toasty warm as well as being windproof & waterproof - I used Nanoflex tights zipped over the boots ankle cuffs so water just beads over and off. Perfect! I've ridden these in minus 5 deg Celsius with a thin merino liner sock plus my thick Campri thermal ski socks and have been warm enough and I really suffer from cold hands and feet. So yes they really do work!

Super easy and quick to put on/off too. No more faffing with overshoes!

Thermal insole.

Carbon composite sole (nice and stiff, no slop!) for 3-bolt fitting for SPD-SL, Look, Time etc, or Speedplay with adapter plate.

As a bonus I will include YOUR CHOICE of either some used Look grey cleats, some used SPD-SL cleats or the Speedplay adaptors if you run Speedplay 4-bolt.

I will also include as an extra winter warmer bonus, 2 pairs of the very warm thermal Campri ski socks I used.

Also included is the original box and manual!

£95 posted inc all the extras above

Pleas have a look in my other thread here for other winter warmers - will do a good deal on multiple items. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=261987

Loads of pics here (excuse my marker pen cleat placement outlines - this will of course wash off if it bothers you!)