Mercian audax +Bob Jackson mixte BOTH SOLD THANKS

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My pal Scottish Chris has asked me to try and re home some of his old treasures, I will stick a few bits n bobs up over the next day or so.
First is a mercian mid/late 80's audax frameset in 58cm (or thereabouts) finished in a translucent berry red type colour. tubing is 531, included is a mercian branded stem (itm in disguise if I remember rightly), a random headset and a mercian (rather scratched) seatpost. He is looking for £175 posted within mainland UK.
Sorry about the half arsed listing, I will tidy up this thread with pictures and firm sizes tomorrow when I get my hands on the frame. ...... SOLD THANKS
Thanks for looking

Mr Scottish also has a nice old 531 Bob Jackson mixte frameset in a handsome blue with white lined lugs and a set of red guards, a steel rack and some weinman brake calipers. The dropouts are campagnolo. I would guess that it dates from the early to mid eighties but I may be off the mark there, its a medium ish size and as far as I know it takes 27 1/4" wheels . Pics and sizing will follow tomorrow evening. £75 posted within mainland UK......NOW SOLD THANKS

Re: Mercian audax frameset and Bob Jackson mixte frameset

i'd be keen for some pictures and more info on the mixte frameset.

Sorry for keeping you all waiting, i'm doing some pics as we speak. Half of the world has messaged me about these so anybody interested after pics will be offered in the order they came in.
Ta

.....If my batteries weren't flat! Give me 10 mins and they will be up :oops:

Ive put a tape measure over both frames and the dimensions are as follows.
Mercian
57cm top tube and seat tube with a 143mm head tube. The tubing is 531c and the random headset is actually a campagnolo mirage. I may have been a bit out on the date with this as the serial reads 27198 which I presume means 1998. This is how it was handed to me, I have not done any buffing or polishing, the paint has some scratches here and there but in my eyes it is still very presentable. I will clean out the b/b threads and seat tube before it goes anywhere. Theres a little blob of light rust halfway down the left hand chainstay and some very light crazing on a couple of places if you look really closely around the back end, nothing that I would get in a flap about though.

Bob Jackson
54.5cm top tube and 54cm seat tube with a 10cm head tube. The paint is scruffy and has been touched up here and there but it still has lots of charm. If it were mine it would get a spot of Tcut and a good waxing rather than a fresh lick of paint.
The guards are by Bluemels and the pannier rack is from the tonard brazing co, there is a huret front mech and a phillips b/b, the headset is un named, this has apparently been sat unused for a long time so the bearings all need a good clean out. A cable anchor bolt is missing from one brake caliper. The drop out adjusters are still present but do not turn by hand, as it is not mine to muck about with I will leave this to its new master. You ay well get them moving with a good soaking and a little patience.

As these are not mine they are sold as seen, and I wont be able to take them back so please make sure before you decide.
Hopefully I will have a spot of charge now so stay tuned
Thanks

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 623
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 623
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 623
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 623

More....

Attachments

• m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 623
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 623
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 623
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 623

And a couple more. Please note the flash has made the paint a bit brighter than it actually is, Picture this with hints of raspberry and red wine!

Attachments

• m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 622
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 622

i like that alot, my size as well. whereabouts are you for collection?

Heres Bob

Attachments

• bj1.jpg
    bj1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 607
  • bj2.jpg
    bj2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 607
  • bj3.jpg
    bj3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 607