Campag cassette and chain, 3t quill stem and wheel skewers

kenster

Retro Guru
A per the title.

Campag 8 speed rear cassette 12-23. Came on a bike i recently bought but i need a higher ratio for the hills else would of kept it. i can't vouch for mileage however the bike was hardly ridden and the rets of it is in great nick. Also i'm not sure which campag model? It has got the ratios marked up on the rings and c's plus diamonds? might well be campag standard but i'm not sure just trying to be helpful. when i used it it worked a1. I am including the sram pc830 chain with including split pin. £15 posted please.

3t quill stem in great nick apart from some marking on the front side (see pics) PLEASE note this is only just above the min insertion mark so for most people won't be seen. I already have the same model on my bike so no need for it. £20 posted please.

Wheel skewers again no longer required. I was sold them as being Mavic's however on reflection i think mavic would be written on them? no the less their good quality £12 posted.

Any questions please ask, collection welcome save postage costs (based in north devon).
thanks jon

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/sooiv8a7q3arko0/NAa3r_EzLv

Re: Campag cassette and chain, 3t quill stem and wheel skewe

Sounds like your cassette is a mix of Exa Drive and pre-Exa Drive sprockets.

The "c" in a diamond indicates where the thinner spline is on Exa Drive sprockets; these sprockets will say, for example, "12A" or "12B": the letter indicating which sprockets can be combined together in a cassette.

The pre-Exa Drive sprockets just state "12" or "13" and have the letters "A" to "H" written above the splines, which are all the same size.

Exa Drive sprockets can be used on pre-Exa Drive freehubs, but pre-Exa Drive sprockets can only be used on pre-Exa Drive freehubs.

This page has more info.

Wow that's a lot to get your head around :shock: . Thanks for the link I will look it up tomorrow. I have uploaded pics for the guy to identify if it's what he needs thanks Jon

Just to update the Skewers are apparently of a set of mavic askium

ScillySuffolk":122249lz said:
Sounds like your cassette is a mix of Exa Drive and pre-Exa Drive sprockets.

The "c" in a diamond indicates where the thinner spline is on Exa Drive sprockets; these sprockets will say, for example, "12A" or "12B": the letter indicating which sprockets can be combined together in a cassette.

The pre-Exa Drive sprockets just state "12" or "13" and have the letters "A" to "H" written above the splines, which are all the same size.

Exa Drive sprockets can be used on pre-Exa Drive freehubs, but pre-Exa Drive sprockets can only be used on pre-Exa Drive freehubs.

This page has more info.

I'm not sure how this conclusion was reached just based on the three present Dropbox pics? Therefore, can you post pics of every cog please? A mix of pre and exa-drive cogs isn't much use, so would like to see exactly what's what to be sure before reaching a decision... I'm after an exa-drive cassette, and pre exa drive will not fit the freehub body.

Thanks buddy

My conclusion was based on just one of the photos, the OP's statement, reference to both types of cassette and twenty years experience of riding 8v Campag.

The photo shows the top sprocket is marked "12" and not "12a" or "12b": therefore it is pre-Exa Drive.

The OP stated that some of the sprockets have a "c" in a diamond, which is a feature of of Exa Drive only.

I'm about to get pics sorted, all I know is the replacement record cassette I've fitted is exa drive (ultra drive) 8 speed.so in my limited pa brain knowledge I would of thought the spline would be the same? It's of a 90's steel olmo bike.if to get pics now

Pics now added I cannot do anymore. Writing underneath shows ring size and number with lettering.also whether a diamond symbol with a the letter c are inside it.thanks Jon

Latest posts

Back