vintage shimano 600 tricolour plus slightly damaged vitus979

diggerpitt

Dirt Disciple
Hi I have for sale a stripped down vitus 979 that I came off some 20 odd years ago. I had only done between 500-1000 miles on her. The bike was then stored on my dads house and remained there until about a year ago. I then decided to strip the bike down with a view to buying a new frame.There are still the original vittoria tubs fitted with hardly any wear although I believe the front one is punctured.The brake block are original and again show hardly any wear.Everything is in very good condition.One point to note and that is the barrel thumb adjuster on the rear derailleur for some reason has caused the thread inside the derailleur to wear meaning that there isnt much adjustment in it. How this occurred I do not know. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been cross threaded when I had the bike originally built.This isnt a problem as the derailleur itself is fine and Ive been advised that the barrel adjuster can be bonded in place and a new adjuster fitted under the down tube shifter.So now all these bits are up for sale, and include:
Shimano 600 tricolour dating from the early 90s:
Chainset,brake calipers,brake & gear levers,rear and front mech,campag seat post,san marco white leather saddle,gp4 rims with 600 hubs,original vittoria tubs chain.Cinelli quill stem and bars,bottom bracket,headset and look carbon pedals, oh and a damaged vitus 979 frame.I was very reluctant to part with it but it now has to go.

I'd like to sell the lot so I'm asking for £280 frame included.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20130804_210805.jpg
    20130804_210805.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,163
Re: vintage shimano 600 tricolour

You'll need to put prices to everything mate or the thread will get locked ;)
Where abouts are South Wales are you?

unfortunately the forks are beyond repair and suitable for scrap only.The frame has been bent,both the top tube and the down tube are slightly bent from a frontal impact.It may be possible to have them straightened but I dont know?Size is 56.

Ok Thanks Its just that I need a pair of 979 forks. Size is right though
Cheers
chris

diggerpitt":3fzn95ar said:
unfortunately the forks are beyond repair and suitable for scrap only.The frame has been bent,both the top tube and the down tube are slightly bent from a frontal impact.It may be possible to have them straightened but I dont know?Size is 56.

Hi,
If it is a seven speed, I would be interested in the derailleurs and shifters.
Cheers

Yep 7 speed.There is a slight scuff on the rear derailleur.But mileage wise it hasnt done anything really.All runs really smoothly.I'll post up more pictures to show the scuff in due course.
Cheers

Back