1984 Dia Compe Aero brake calipers and levers - charity sale

s4sturge

Retro Newbie
A pair of fabulous time trial brakes from the 80' complete with levers. Lovely diagonal cable routing and eccentric brake block mounts made these the instantly recognisable must-have item in the 80's, as used by the likes of Ian Cammish and Dave Lloyd. Perfect for your sloping or curved tube lo-pro.

Callipers in great condition. Original brake blocks are worn out but Shimano replacements are fitted. Allen heads in cable clamp bolts are getting tired though

Original hoods perished, dubious blue replacements are in fair condition. Levers have a few light surface marks but have not been dropped or dragged along a wall.

I bought these new on my 15th birthday and they were at the time the only concealed cable brake system. A friend had them for years but rather than sit in the garage they are being sold and the proceeds donated to the "Children With Cancer UK" charity.

This is a an un-missable opportunity to acquire one of the rarest brake sets out there. Hence I'm asking £80 - a fair price for something so rare and a healthy donation for the charity. Feel free to offer more!

Attachments

• dia compe.jpg
    dia compe.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 236
Back