LeMond Pro Caliber Z Team Replica Frame - Columbus - SOLD

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
THANKS FOR ALL INTEREST - NOW SOLD!

Here's a beautifully finished and just restored Z Team TSX that I purchased recently with a view to building up and using as my regular roadie - however, just managed to source a genuine Team Issue GAN frame so have decided to keep that instead, and this Team replica now needs a new home! Since purchasing, all I've done is insert a pair of wheels into the dropouts to store it more easily in the garage and a seat-bolt into the seattube/top tube lug - other than that, she's exactly as you'd expect her from the paint shop! Any interest - drop me a PM! She's 57cm / 22.5" C-C on the Seat Tube, 56cm / 22" C-C on the Top Tube - tons of pics if required. This is a verified Roberto Billato built LeMond frame.

Tube Sizes: Seat Tube: 57cm / 22.5" (centre to centre), Top Tube: 56cm / 22" (centre to centre). 14cm head tube.

The frame is completely classic as a steel road frame, with hidden (internal) rear brake cable running through the top tube, brazed on cable guides under the bottom bracket shell and a brazed on front mech mount. Columbus drop-outs front and rear. The frame also benefits from having the gorgeous custom pantograph finishing - it is signed on the rear brake bridge and also signed on the lug joints of the rear seatstays and the seat tube.

1" threadless steerer tube. 185mm total threaded steerer tube length. The previous owner who had this frame restored changed the steerer tube to threadless from threaded and this has been left uncut. Therefore, you can either cut it down to length and use with a threadless headset, or you can cut it down to length and cut a thread into and take it back to an old school headset / stem arrangement. (Or you could just leave it super-long as it is in the pics and just have a much taller stem - choice is yours!).

For 700c road wheel sizes: 100/130mm OLN spacings.

Seat tube size 27.0mm (it is officially 27.2mm, but I've found that a Campag Record 27.2 seatpin will not fit in very easily, whereas a Dura-Ace 27.0mm fits perfectly and no-one wants to shred their seatpin!). The threads for the bottom bracket and rear mech are in perfect order.

Included in this sale are: The Frame & Forks only. (Please note, that although the frame is pictured in some of the hi-res pictures below with wheels / bar & stem etc shown - none of these are included. They are merely uploaded so that you can see how it looks as it is in a very partial built up state)

As stated, this frame has just been resprayed/restored and is in marvellous overall shape; it is not bent, buckled or crashed in any way, and has no dings or dents in any of the tubes. I would give the frame condition as being 9.9/10, and the decal finish as being 10/10. I bought this with the intention of building up with a Dura Ace groupset and using myself, but I've just laid my hands on a genuine Team Issue GAN frame which I prefer so I can't keep this one too! All I've done is insert a pair of wheels into the frame to keep it safer in the garage, so there are the marks from wheels having been put in the frame dropouts and a seat post clamp bolt in the frame. So, overall, she's nearly perfect and nearly as you would receive her straight out of the frame painter! I've also uploaded the relevant page from the original LeMond frame catalogue from 1992 which details all of the frame geometry so that you see if this frame is going fit you or not below

Full Hi-Res Gallery (inc. original LeMond catalogue) here:

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/002542052-.html#1" target="_blank"

Am after as much over £300 as possible, but open to reasonable offers / negotiation. Look forward to hearing from you!

Attachments

• IMG-20130414-01335(1).jpg
    IMG-20130414-01335(1).jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,157
Re: LeMond Pro Caliber Z Team Replica Frame - Columbus TSX -

is that the one which was on ebay ?

very nice .

Yep, it is the one that is presently listed on Fleabay. Just thought it might be worth advertising it a bit more widely as it needs to go. Viewing is welcome and recommended!

Make us an offer... She's gotta go!

Indeed, I've just noticed that you're both in Kent... No excuse. You could drive over and pick it up! (just outside Canterbury)

I like more your Vitus mtb .

You're more than welcome to buy that too! Make us an offer for the pair :)

Back