1950s Campagnolo Gran Sport Hubs
£60 + £6.75 Recorded Postage (as I think these will now be classed as a Medium Parcel)
- Early hubs made by Fratelli Brivio (FB) for Campagnolo
- Alloy High Flanges with Circular Cutouts
- Chromed steel barrels with winged Campagnolo logo.
- British thread for freewheel
- Rear currently spaced at 126mm, but I can switch axle and spacers and set to 120mm if preferred.
- Flanges are very nice, polished and shinier looking than in photos, but plenty of patches of chrome loss on barrels.
Just rebuilt with new Grade 10 chrome steel bearings
, and used Campagnolo cones, axles, locknuts etc.
Hub bearing surfaces are very good, just some cosmetic staining, no pitting.
Rear cones are excellent, rear hub runs very smoothly. Left a tiny bit of play that is taken out when closed in frame with tightened QR.
Front hub cones are a tiny bit rough, no pitting, just not as perfectly smooth so wish to point it out. The front hub runs well enough. But cones could be replaced. Abel Baker Cycles
sells correct repro cones by mail order for these hubs for a few pounds each, or Campag Nuovo Tipo cones also work.
Lots of photos below. Any questions just give me a shout. Cheers, Daniel