Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:44 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

I got the above tyres available. I bought them put them on the bike and literally rode down the road and back and realised they were too skinny for my lardyness and I'd feel every bump, so it's back to the 28's for me. (front is 22mm and rear is 24mm, they're also super light weight too 190g and 210g)

They're new as far as I'm concerned. Looking for £50 shipped. (cost £70)

Last edited by Wingmanrob on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 am 
Dirt Disciple

Don't want to burst your bubble but I just bought a set of these for £40 + £5 ish post from here > http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a799/g ... =GBP&cn=gb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:54 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Seriously, thanks for trolling my thread, next time you want to be a smart arse ask yourself if the seller really wants to hear what you've got to say.

Last edited by Wingmanrob on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:42 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Nice. That's me told then. Consider me f**ked off. Think you may not have taken it in the way it was meant though so I will apologise even though "I'm" not the sort of person who is nasty and abusive.
Ta.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Well did you stop and think about the effect of your post?
Not only have u made me look like a plonker for paying £70 for a tyre set but you've completely ruined my thread. No one will buy them now for the price I was after. So now I'm forced to try my luck on eBay. Next time u want to show off, stop and think!!! Besides I believe there are forum rules for not undermining people's threads with regards pricing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I am quite new to this and with hindsight it does look a bit bad. However I was actually trying to help. I do not "show off" and I can not go back in time and do it differently so I will apologise AGAIN. I can not eat any more humble pie so if you want more I will just have to beat myself with a big stick. SORRY!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 pm 
Retro Guru

Wingmanrob wrote:
Not only have u made me look like a plonker for paying £70 for a tyre set but you've completely ruined my thread. No one will buy them now for the price I was after. So now I'm forced to try my luck on eBay. Next time u want to show off, stop and think!!! Besides I believe there are forum rules for not undermining people's threads with regards pricing.

Hey mate....you are over-reacting....the guy was trying to help you.....people have advised to the same effect....i acknowledge the post and adjust my price accordingly and no one thinks you a muppet....we all make mistakes....and this includes LFGSS....ps try to be less aggressive.....pps...The rules you refer are more about 'attacking posters items accusing them of being rubbish...the attack becomes personal'......That is not the case on this occasion.

Last edited by sawston_vulcan on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Yeah, come on guys. This kind of thing happens all the time, you're overreacting.
Pauldesjour: it might have been worth PMing rather than derailing the thread, that's the 'done thing' I believe.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thank you both....Lesson learned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm 
Retro Guru

Wingmanrob wrote:

And did you? The only reason you've come across as a "plonker" is because of your thoroughly nasty over-reaction.

Just because you paid more than you needed to, doesn't mean you have the right to pass on your mistake to someone else.

Being a forum sale, there is an expectation that items are offered at a reasonable price to other like-minded members of the community.

By stating that you will now sell them on Ebay, you tacitly acknowledge the difference between forum classifieds and Ebay.

Pauldesjour comes out of this in good standing, on account of the measured way he has dealt with your unwarranted and petulant attack.