Selle Italia TURBO white , NOS

TimeTrialAce

Devout Dirtbag
As title new old stock item ,no box/packaging Year of Manafacture 1991, White leather ,silver rails, black Turbo logos.

£70-00 posted to UK. (I know you can get the modern reproduction cheaper and no they are not the same as I own both)

Attachments

• php6fYKp6PM.jpg
    php6fYKp6PM.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 827
  • php3xrlk8PM.jpg
    php3xrlk8PM.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 827
what is the difference with the new ones? cause i was planning to buy one. please let me know, and i might buy yours. thanks a lot.

MaLóL":2be5ax4h said:
what is the difference with the new ones? cause i was planning to buy one. please let me know, and i might buy yours. thanks a lot.
The new ones!!! Well you have to be careful here!

Many are fake leather with a leather look! under my new white turbo had a sticker ''falso sella di cuoio'' & under my new black version ''faux leather'' = FAKE LEATHER SADDLE!!!!!
The 'TURBO' wording are water-slide decals and can come off, old version words are pressed/embossed.
The rails are black where as the originals where chrome.
Another factor which shows old from modern is the 5 chevrons which are on the old ones but not on the new ones.

I have two 'new' TURBO's a black one and a white one and they both creak which piss's me off somewhat :oops:

There are alot of con-men out there selling 'new' TURBO's as NOS when they are clearly not, if you know what to look for.

Old ones are the best and always will be ;) Treat yourself matey :mrgreen:

Very interesting, thanks a lot for the answer. As far as the padding is good quality I will be happy with the new version. I prefer a good fake leather to a leather, as it will stay white longer, or that's what i suppose. and if it creaks you can put some oil in the rails. but i get the point. I guess that's why the old one is more expensive. leather feels much better than fake leather, but this bike will sleep in the street 24/7 in very rainy weather so... I guess the new one is better for me. thanks.

MaLóL":2a0372zk said:
I prefer a good fake leather to a leather, as it will stay white longer, or that's what i suppose. and if it creaks you can put some oil in the rails.
Some years ago on my Lo-Pro I had the black suede version and it stayed suede, unlike my new black suede saddle that has gone all glossy and the rear is still suede.

Rails are oiled every month as the creak comes back, this does piss me off loads.

Ian Raleigh":1z2igv6n said:
MaLóL":1z2igv6n said:
I prefer a good fake leather to a leather, as it will stay white longer, or that's what i suppose. and if it creaks you can put some oil in the rails.
Some years ago on my Lo-Pro I had the black suede version and it stayed suede, unlike my new black suede saddle that has gone all glossy and the rear is still suede.

Rails are oiled every month as the creak comes back, this does piss me off loads.

Would you sell me one of those new turbo in white? What is the price?

MaLóL":2i1ffy8l said:
Ian Raleigh":2i1ffy8l said:
MaLóL":2i1ffy8l said:
Would you sell me one of those new turbo in white? What is the price?
The turbo saddle in white is on a bike and are not forsale..Sorry. I stopped the creaking by spraying 'spray grease' into the moulding today, a tip from a friend who says grease works better than oil.

Back