FS: 2 x Shimano 105/Mavic Open 4CD wheels

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
A wheelset I'm looking to part company with which has done some sterling service on my commuter/tourer but now surplus thanks to hand-me-down cartridge bearing wheels ex-race bike. Spec is:

Mavic Open 4CD 700c rims, 36h back/front. Braking surfaces have the inevitable wear with missing anodising but good for some miles to come.
Shimano 105 36h QR hubs, grey finish so late 80s/early 90s? Rear is 7sp cassette, end of the freehub body is threaded so could well be UG as well as HG compatible? I've been running it with a 7sp HG-type cassette. Bearings good, QR skewers have a little surface rust, ditto outer spindle surfaces & freehub splines (as per photos).
Spokes are stainless double-butted with none broken. Rims seem to be running true despite clocking up many miles.
Wheels come complete with a pair of Vredestein Volante (I think) 25c tyres which are about a year old - the back one is a little worn, front one fine - and also tubes and rim tapes plus a Sigma BC600 computer magnet on the front wheel.

I'm looking for £40 ono, collection only or can deliver in person within reasonable distance of Winchester provided you have a railway station nearby as I don't drive. Payment by cash, cheque or PayPal all equally fine. Please note that I will give the wheelset a good clean-up prior to sale - I was just in a bit of a hurry to get the pics reeled off!

Thanks in advance for any interest.

David

Attachments

• wheels 001.JPG
    wheels 001.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 217
  • wheels 004.JPG
    wheels 004.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 217
  • wheels 002.JPG
    wheels 002.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 217