FS: Flying Gate - 1980 Trevor Jarvis - £400

RCary

Devout Dirtbag
I have just had this resprayed by C&G, Liverpool, in a lovely metallic poly blue. So condition is now immaculate. There are no dents or dings etc.

The frame is made with Haden long-point cut-out lugs, and I've had the lugs gold-lined. Jarvis transfers fitted.

23" centre-to-centre for both seat tube and top tube. Head-tube 16cm. This would be unlikely to suit someone under 5'9" tall.

It is a touring version, with mudguard eyes, and pump pegs. Made in 1980, frame number 71. Wheelbase around 102-103cm. Rear spacing 126mm - currently running with an 8-speed block, but would need persuading to take a more modern 9- or 10 speed cassette wheel. Obviously it would take a fixed wheel.

The price is for Frame only.

I do have the components to turn this into a complete bike - mostly old-style Shimano 600 (which, in my view, is not much cop, although it all works OK - there is a set of 8-speed indexed down-tube shifters). Before I had this sprayed I rode up and down the road, and it is really rather nice to ride. If you want all these extra bits, including wheels, ask me nicely.

Surplus to my requirements - I can't justify keeping this, much as I'd like to.

This has been previously advertised, and I've had some interest already but I wonder if the original asking price (£550) was a little high. Elsewhere I have seen £500 as a typical value (and this one is now rather lovely). I can quite happily accommodate some sort of 'cheque-spread' arrangement or whatever, as I know that £400 is a large dent in anyone's bank account all in one hit.

Please contact richardcary3@aol.com for photos, or to arrange viewing.

Back