Interest check: modern Campag Scirocco wheelset, 10-sp

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
I bought a set of factory built Campag wheels a while back to get a retro-mod project rolling, but then found a more period-correct wheelset so these can go to a better home. They were bought from a Japanese guy who raced here in Belgium for a summer a couple of years back - they were his race set but he hardly used then through injury. The wheels are dead straight and true, with bearings tight and smooth and zero freehub play.

Stock photos, will upload actual pics later:

88909.jpg

The wheelset is a Campagnolo Scirocco low/medium profile - not the 35mm deeper-rim model, but the regular version as catalogued here:

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/wheels ... tid_10.jsp

They have the G3 spoking on the rear, and 20 radial spokes front. Freehub is Campagnolo spline and spacing, for 10-speed cassette. Quoted weight for the wheelset is about 1800g.

The wheels are complete with skewers, and will be provided with tyres/tubes and a cassette. The tyres are IRC Formula Pro 23c and the cassette currently mounted is 12-23, though I have a few other spare ones if lighter gearing is desired.

Looking for £135 posted for the whole wheelset package. CRC have them new at ~£200, mine are pretty much as-new and I'm including all the extras in equally good shape. I'll be back in the UK a few times during Mar/Feb, so can post or deliver then.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Bump ... I've decided that these need to go to a new home so will consider offers. Get in touch via PM if you want to make an offer! No actual pics available as yet but will take some asap if anyone gets in touch.

Back