Spares of repair - damaged vitus 979

diggerpitt

Dirt Disciple
Hi all
I posted on 18th about the possibility of stripping down my damaged 979.I was basically looking for some advice,anyway,think it ended up on valuations.Didnt get much response,dont know why?I'm wondering if there's any body out there in retrobike land who's looking for vintage shimano 600 ultegra components that have basically covered no miles(in the scheme of things about 500 or so before I wrote off my frame).All this happened about 17 years ago and the bike has found comfort in my dads loft since.On it are mavic GP4 rims ultegra hubs with the original tubs,cinelli bars and stem,original look pedals ,rolls san marco saddle slightly scuffed on the edge,I mean the list goes on think the bar tape is still gleaming white .If any one would like to give me a price for the whole lot I would rather do that and send them all off together to their new home.Any interest pleade contact me,cheers all.Im not sure how to navigate this site so I apologise before hand if you want photos replies etc,might take me some time.
Regards
Jon

Seller wants to add a price of £500 for the complete damaged bike. Tel

I'm sure all of that stuff would sell pretty easily on here but you are best off doing a bit of research for prices, or pricing the bits at what you are happy to take for them, then sticking up a for sale advert with pics and prices.

I've replied on the valuations thread as to what my opinion is. I'll leave this thread open for a day for you to make a decision as to how much you want for it.

No price and the thread gets it! (i.e locked ;) )

stripping down my damaged vitus 979

The frame size was 56cm from the centre of the bottom to the centre of the top tube.It might be repairable /straightnened but would definately need new forks.
Regards,
Jon

No price added. Thread locked.

I suggest that if you cannot decide on a price then put it on eBay.

Seller has added a price of £500 for the complete bike.

DiggerPitt I strongly suggest you add some pictures to help with the sale.

Back