Raleigh 531, Campagnolo components almost complete

AKiwi

Dirt Disciple
Hi I have this old Raleigh 531 frame and forks and it comes with Campagnolo parts. Not sure which model they are.

Details below.
Brakes, chainset, front derail, headset (stiff) and seatpost (stuck) are all campag.
Old style Shimano arrow dt levers.
Suntour VX rear derail.
Cinelli Giro D'Italia bars and stem.

The frame has a 58cm seat tube and a 57cm top tube, twin bottle cage mounts.
It is in a good condition with no dents or bent tubes. Just needs a good paint and it would become a wicked bike.

Can post, I imagine £20, insurance extra.

£155.

Attachments

• Raliegh1.jpg
    Raliegh1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Raleigh 2.jpg
    Raleigh 2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Raleigh 3.jpg
    Raleigh 3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Raleigh 5.jpg
    Raleigh 5.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,158
I agreed a price for this and just before sending payment I asked for a picture of non drive side of the frame. I had my suspicions that something was not right with the cable guides.

He then messages me back saying that when he checked, the cable guides have been hacked off.....how could you miss that!

Anyway I said im still interested, and would like to purchase parts etc but havent heard anything since......

Strange......

kettlo":3pmnty0c said:
I agreed a price for this and just before sending payment I asked for a picture of non drive side of the frame. I had my suspicions that something was not right with the cable guides.

He then messages me back saying that when he checked, the cable guides have been hacked off.....how could you miss that!

Anyway I said im still interested, and would like to purchase parts etc but havent heard anything since......

Strange......

Been busy and things are easy to miss!
I still have this bike, if anyone is keen I will sell it for £75 seeing the cable guide has been cut off.

Back