Continental Gran Prix 3000 tyres 700 x 23mm SOLD

American Friend

Retro Guru
I have a nice pair of Continental Gran Prix 3000 clinchers, size 700 x 23mm, that I don't need. These were the predecessor of the current GP4000. Have brown sidewalls and lighter colour tread than current GP4000. I don't think these have done more than a couple of hundred miles. Tread looks virtually new. Sidewalls have some discolouration/fading but no cuts. Very light folding racing tyres. Here's what the US Continental website said about them:

The racing tire reference - HANDMADE IN GERMANY
Its puncture resistance, ride comfort and extraordinary grip on dry as well as wet surfaces have made the Grand Prix 3000 one of the most popular racing tires in the world. It would be virtually impossible to name all of the racing victories and endless training kilometres that this tire has racked up. Over 100 years experience in building racing tires does indeed pay off.
The elegant tread pattern ads to every racing bike. Its multi rotational tread works in either direction to deliver perfect grip.
Incidentally, whoever uses the GrandPrix 3000 mainly on touring and long-distance events should give the 25mm version a try. The enhanced comfort and additional handling reliability and puncture resistance are well worth it for these type of events.
5 plies/ total 430 tpi

Does £25 for the pair, including UK postage, sound fair?

Now sold. Thanks Konafan

Back