CARHALL frame 531pro

longbeech

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Very rare Carhall frame from Carter and Hall of Portsmouth
I think there is enough on the remaining decals to get some more made up. The dating of the reynolds sticker puts in in the 80s
Carter and Hall sold frames from a variety of sources, Rotrax and Wally Green being two that I have searched out.
Built from 531 professional tubing which is second in lightness only to 753 with a stated frame weight of 4.11 lbs. The tubes are fillet brazed rather than lugged. All threads are fine.
Size measures 60cm seat tube, 57.5 c to c top tube with a 160mm head tube. Internal cable routing for the rear brake - Possibly a TT frame?
Paintwork is showing signs of distress :)

Excuse the Spiders legs in the BB - they will be left there if you want them!!
Looking for £80 shipped to UK

Cheers

Interesting :) 531 SL morphed into 531 professional and as the blurb of the day says it weighed 4.11 Lb so OK for TT and road use :)

Is there a fork ? if so cracking price :)

Shaun

no spoon, but does come with a cup attached to the BB, its the latest in pedalling technology, forget oval chainrings.......

rancid":28deghw1 said:
no spoon, but does come with a cup attached to the BB, its the latest in pedalling technology, forget oval chainrings.......

I thought you would only get the cup if you won the TT!

Seat stays show a class frame as does the fillet brazing :) by the 80's most frames had under BB guides and top tube cable guides so a bit of an enigma :)

Tempted to delve deeper as that's a lot of nice frame for the money with the killer (in my book) rear seat stays :)

Only the near £400 quid bill for number 1 son's HPV vaccination has put a dampener on things this month :(

GLWTS

Shaun

Hi shaun
When it didnt sell last time I just kept it in the cave!
Its still for sale at £80 shipped.
Cheers
Richard

Back