Shogun 'Team Issue' - Campagnolo/Mavic kit
55cm c-t-c seat tube
55cm c-t-c top tube
7005 Double butted alloy frame (please note has a crack due to the quick release being over tighted, seems sound)
polished alloy fork. Vertical drop outs.
Full Campagnolo groupset:
hubs / front and rear mechs / chainset / look style pedals (Campagnolo branded) / down tube levers even the headset and even the cables are all Campagnolo branded plus original Campagnolo skewers. Proper alloy parts not pressed steel, most showing the shield logo. Low end to middle group of the period though - have no clue what model.
Mavic MA40 grey rims in very clean condition (these have stainless eyelets so no rust).
Michelin Pacer (winter tread) tyres, need replacing as they are cracking - still useable (and being used) for the moment though.
Very long alloy post (27.2mm) must be near enough 400mm
Vetta SL saddle.
Tioga 'T Bone' quill stem and Tioga polished alloy bars.
Nice deep blue colour, few scrapes that I have not bothered to touch in.
Everything works nicely, rides great.
Elegant looks for a alloy framed 90's bike, I beleive these frames were built for Shogun by Kinesis.
Things to note:
- Light scratches to paint, especially at front of top tube (but no dents)
- There is a crack due to the quick release on the seat clamp being over tightened, its not gotten any worse with miles of riding, the super long post helps remove stress from this area too. Ideally quick release would be replaced with an allen bolt anyhow.
- Tyres should be replaced, but are still holding 100psi plus and ride fine
- Front hub needs cones adjusting, but again rides fine for now
- White bar tape is very grubby and should be replaced
- Campagnolo look pedals work well but are cosmetically challenged with the old bubbly alloy/flaking paint.
Also included, full length SKS silver plastic musguards and all fittings incase you want to make this a decent winter bike.
Would serve well through the winter as is, but is begging to have the frame replaced with an old Colnago Super or similar for a budget classic build…
Anyway, I'm looking for £215 delivered UK (but I'll need a few days to box up)
any questions please just ask.