55cm Concorde 'Degrave' track bike 1980's (Price Drop!)

mr_xtc2

Retro Newbie
55cm Concorde 'Degrave' 1980's vintage track bike.

Team Aqua paint job - I'm yet to see another concorde sporting these colours. Riden by pro rider Pedro Plancke in the 1980's /90's in Belgium.

Frame is straight, but the paintwork is showing it's age with a few sections of paint missing from the top tube - it's been covered in 3M for the past few years, and corrosion has not progressed. I've not re-sprayed it owing to the unique nature of the paintwork. Tubing is Columbus, but the sticker is the older generic one, so I'm none the wiser. Lugs have diamond shape cut-outs. The ride quality is simply astounding - much nicer than the other 4130 or Tange bikes that I also own.

Campag pista group set with high flange hubs (complete minus pedals) includes all the small details like seatpost, seat clamp, BB, wheel nuts, chainring, locknut, headset.
Cinelli 105mm stem
Long drop Cinelli track bars 40cm c-c
Rolls saddle in white

Converted to street spec with mavic cxp 23 rims (stickers removed), Izum 1/8" chain, Campy mirage front brake with CX top lever, and generic steel road forks. 42:16 gearing. Pink bar tape. Conti 700x23 Ultra sport's.

Minor details - hubs are not matching serial numbers, bottom headset cup is from a different generation pista groupset - it's a matte finish unlike the rest which is polished - works very much as it should though. Chainring bolts are not matching.

Sold without pedals, but will throw in a period campy wheel nut spanner.

Selling as i'm just not using it as much as my Audax / mountain bikes living in West Yorkshire.

Asking 1k based on original groupset and the bike's racing history. Will travel travel / meet halfway for pickup.

Attachments

• IMG_7026.jpg
    IMG_7026.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_7021.jpg
    IMG_7021.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 949
Midlife":1tvkzf48 said:
Have you got the original forks?

Shaun

I sincerely wish I did! I am told however byt the previous owner that they were a twin plate style in chrome, and too low profile for getting a brake in.

Price drop to 800? I'm open to negotiations of course....

Why buy components piece-wise for more, when you can get whole bike already ready to ride for less?

Obviously ebay was a poor guide for pricing! Any takers at £600? New bike means I'm running out of room.

Back