Barry bond 58cm

Jamesl94

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, bought this off a local chap a few weeks ago, with the intention of riding it, but I've just bought another bike so this one has to go! Quite an an amazing bike really. I like just under a mile away from where it was originally made, the number on the bike for the shop still works but no longer a bike shop!

It's a 70's Barry Bond 531 58cm (centre to top). Beautiful, beautiful bike. Original owner quoted he's done around 200 miles on it since new! His wife seemed pissed off after all these years that he didn't ride it..

Think it's had new tyres as they do look quite new, plus tubes.

Frame: Barry Bond hand-made 531 Reynolds frame with Campagnolo cast rear end (all bare metal on the frame is Campagnolo, not just the drop-outs)

Fork: Reynolds 531 with ½ Campagnolo

Headset: Tange
Stem: Cinelli Milano
Handlebar: Cinelli champion du monde
Bar Tape: Un-branded (seriously old school!)

Brake Levers/Brifters: Mafac
Brake Calipers: Weinemenn
Brake Pads: “”
Brake Cables: “”

Shifters: Suntour Superbe
Front Derailleur: “”
Rear Derailleur: “”
Derailleur Cables: “”
Cassette: “”
Chain: “”
Cranks: SR Royal light-weight
Chainrings:””
Bottom Bracket: “”
Pedals: Ale-inox

Rims: Weinemenn
Hubs: Mavic
Hub Skewers: Mavic
Nipples: Weinemenn
Spokes: Weinemenn
Tyres: Hutchinson
Tubes: un-branded

Saddle: Brooks
Seatpost: Brev
Seatpost Binder: “”

I've just given it a quick clean (was absolutely covered in dust) but could do with a proper clean, but suppose that's half the fun of buying a new bike? ;)

Picture1-14.png

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

Looking for £320. Collection from Leicester. I can send if you wish at the charge of £25. I've got a box so can get it send the next day or day after. Paypal (buyer will need to pay the 3% charge) or postal-order

James

Blimey, what an absolute classic of it's (my) time :)

I spend more than that each month on petrol :(

Best of luck with the sale but note that I took out an endowment policy 25 years ago which as matured this month and there might be a few quid left over after the girls have bought a horse :)

Shaun

Midlife":39bxcnnk said:
Blimey, what an absolute classic of it's (my) time :)

I spend more than that each month on petrol :(

Best of luck with the sale but note that I took out an endowment policy 25 years ago which as matured this month and there might be a few quid left over after the girls have bought a horse :)

Shaun

Thanks!

Really is a lovely bike. Kinda thing that deserves to be kept at the end of your bed, not the garage! :D

had a Bond machine a while ago no markings on tube used , it rode fantastic .

yours looks glorious not sure re bedroom comment a bike like that deserves to be ridden

Back