SOLD 27" Handbuilt Wheelset Wolber Sunshine Hi Flange

deliquium

Retro Guru
Wolber Super Champion single eyeleted 27" (630) 36 hole rims, polished finish. One rim (front) doesn't appear to have any wear to the brake surface - other (rear) minimal wear - see detailed photos. Measuring the rim wall thicknesses using 2 X 20mm lengths of 2.00mm spoke and a vernier caliper, I got readings of 2.2mm per wall on the front and 1.7mm on the rear - WAY more than any modern Mavic rims! I can't vouch for the ultimate accuracy - but the photos tell the story). "Sunshine" (Sanshin who made hubs for Suntour) large flange hubs - 126mm/100mm OLN - for screw on freewheel. Both hubs completely stripped, inspected, new bearings and grease + polished. Handbuilt using NEW 2.0mm/1.7mm DB SS spokes except drive side rear - 2.0mm PG DT SS spokes. The original wheels had galvanised spokes which went straight in the bin. New rim tapes.

Change of plan :roll: , an empty can of Brasso and sore arms = reason for sale

Extensive close up photos here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBWn7Mf

£99 INCLUDING £12 post (or collect North Wales) - will throw in a Suntour Perfect 5 speed 12-28 freewheel and 1 new Kenda 27" x 1¼" gumwall tyre and inner tube

Attachments

• Pair.jpg
    Pair.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 819
  • Sunshine-Hi-Flange-rea-hub.jpg
    Sunshine-Hi-Flange-rea-hub.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 819
  • Wolber-rim-brake-surface.jpg
    Wolber-rim-brake-surface.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 819
Ooh, I am mightily tempted!

Can you give us an estimate of postage cost to the UK.

Also, what's the internal width of the rims. It would be useful to know what width tyres they can take.

Postage will be £12

External width of rims is 22.8mm

Internal width of rims is 16.5mm

Cheers, Paul

The hubs and rims are from a 1981 Claud Butler Majestic - the spokes are modern - the originals were crappy dull grey galvanised rubbish.

Cheers, Paul

Gnaaaaaagh! Stop it! I'm so close to buying these with money that I don't have!

I can't tell from the photos, are the rims lipped on the inside or plain sided?

Back