BOB JACKSON MERLIN ROAD RACE BIKE FULLY RESTORED 1969

Dave_G

Retro Newbie
BOB JACKSON MERLIN ROAD RACE BIKE FULLY RESTORED........

This beautiful bike has just benefited from a full restoration no expense spared on anything.

pictures really dont do this bike any justice so viewing is welcome to appreciate this bike.

I have spent alot of time and money on this bike and due to my other commitments i will not be able to use this bike and use it to its full potential

and it will be a shame to let this bike sit around.

Full bike strip down re-build using genuine parts from the bikes era

THE BIKE'S SPEC

Light weight frame

San Marco GI-LUX 312X Seat

Shimano DURA-ACE gear levers and pedel set up.

Super 68 Universal brakes and brake lever covers

Cinelli milano handle bars with campine del mondo engraving

Galli brake levers.

Frame from floor to the top of the seat is 38"

Frame from bottom to top is 21"

Front wheel nut to back wheel nut is 40 1/2"

Handle bars measurement from floor to top is 35"

The bike was resprayed at Bob Jackson in leeds.

im going to put a guide price of £875 O.V.N.O all genuine people will know the true value of the bike, anybody who is intrested in this bike please contact me on here. i have attempted to sell this bike on ebay and have only been met with messers. viewing-test-more info is welcome. i have been out on this bike about 5-7 times in the last month and i am always stopped by people asking questions about the bike.

DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0723.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

GLWTS.............if you don't sell the bike complete and are splitting I'd consider the chainset as it's mid 70's and would look nice on my mid 70's Falcon San-Remo :)

Shaun

Midlife":jd3gkolz said:
GLWTS.............if you don't sell the bike complete and are splitting I'd consider the chainset as it's mid 70's and would look nice on my mid 70's Falcon San-Remo :)

Shaun

hi looking to sell complete, thanks for the offer anyway :eek:

and i am always stopped by people asking questions about the bike.
Q : Are you sure those brake blocks are the right way round ?

Q : Where did you get that multicolour chain ?

I don't mean to offend but the bike looks in no way "fully restored" - all the components are in well used condition (especially the seatpost) and of pretty basic quality.
I would say a more realistic price would be around 300 but that's just my opinion so you can ignore it.
Nice bike though.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but I have to agree with oldmuthariley with the constructive criticism, it does seem well overpriced. There looks quite a bit of paint dappling around the chain stay, Bob Jackson normally has them like a mirror. Nice frame though :) Shouldn't have side pull calipers :shock: Galli levers and Universal hoods :shock: Some extra links have been added to the chain?

Just my two penneth :)

Back