Batavus Professional - 58cm - Shimano 600 groupset *SOLD*

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
P1160590.jpg

Size is 58cm x 56cm (ct x cc)

This is a lovely Batavus Professional bike built from Columbus tubing. It predates when they put which tube set is used on the graphics so I think that makes it equivalent to Columbus SL. It's light and responsive, rides fantastic!

This is a high quality frame with Campagnolo dropouts, cut out bb shell and Bocama long point lugs. Oh and the forks have that beautiful Batavus profile which I can never capture on the pictures.

The red, white and grey paint is in good condition with just the drive side seat stay having had some touching up.

The groupset is Shimano 600 Ultegra 7 speed with the addition of Shimano RSX 7 speed STI shifters. All in all the components work very well.

Unfortunately due to an imminent move I do not have time to give it a full service and clean to my usual high standard however it is reasonably clean and everything works as it should. You can confidentally get on this bike and take the ride of your life :)

One negative and that is I think there must be a small lump of braze inside the top tube which gives a bit of a 'ting' when you go over bumps etc. It's a very small point but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm just asking for £275 posted for this or of course collection from Kent ME12 is very welcome.

Lot's more pictures here, not great quality though I'm afraid:
http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... te%20grey/

Frame: Batavus Professional - Columbus Tubing

Fork: Batavus profiled - Columbus Tubing

Headset: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Stem: Cinelli 1A - 11cm
Handlebar: Cinelli Criterium 65-42
Bar Tape: Black

Brifters: Shimano RSX 7 speed
Brake Calipers: Shimano 600 Ultegra (single pivot)

Front Derailleur: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Cassette: 7 speed

Cranks: Shimano 600 Ultegra 170mm
Chainrings: 39 inner, 52 outer (biopace)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Pedals: Not included

Rims: Wolber TX
Hubs: Shimano 600 Ultegra
Tyres: ProRace Nitro 23c

Saddle: Velo Titanium
Seatpost: Shimano 600AX

Ok I know what you've been thinking "Wow! What a bike, I wish that bike could be mine, but that tinging noise would drive me mad!" Well fear not my friend I have managed to remove the offending tinger with shear skill and determination.

So go ahead buy this silent beauty and ride like a stealthy ninja :D

Tel":3gehdhnq said:
Well fear not my friend I have managed to remove the offending tinger with shear skill and determination.

The old drop of oil in the top tube trick?

This bike is a absolute bargain btw Tel!

grilla":3oi5dve4 said:
Tel":3oi5dve4 said:
Well fear not my friend I have managed to remove the offending tinger with shear skill and determination.

The old drop of oil in the top tube trick?

What!? How very dare you :x *makes note of trick for future reference*

No there is a little hole between the seat tube and top tube I managed to feed three little round balls of something metallic thruogh it and hey presto silence.

Thanks for the comments guys. It tis indeed lovely and it is indeed a bargain. Will make someone a lovely ride.

I'll include a red bottle cage and grey bottle too.

Some more pics from the PB link

P1160610.jpg

P1160614.jpg

P1160591.jpg

very nice bike why is it that when a bike id really like comes up for sale its always to big for me its not fair.

Latest posts

Back